The Angus Barn (Raleigh, N.C.)

Started by klamm143, 03/23/2017 11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klamm143

The Angus Barn (Raleigh, NC, United States) 

I hate to start off a recommendation by saying "google it" but there is too much for me to tell. This place "rules" and is located close to RDU International Airport. If you are ever passing thru Raleigh, NC you owe it to yourself to check out the many facilities, grounds and gift shoppe. It's a bit pricey and you can figure on spending 50 to 125 dollars per person if you do appetizers, drink a few, eat, and tip. EVERYTHING about this place is top notch but what really hooked me was THE MEAT LOCKER. An old meat locker area was converted into a smoke shop / smoke room that empties out onto a raised patio and complete with fire pit, dining areas, lounging areas, propane fire towers and more (catering mainly to smokers - particularly CIGAR GEEKS like us all). The restaurant dining facilities takes reservations, but the smoke area is first come first serve. You can utilize the smoke area without dining or you can eat in that area as well. A few of my friends and I try to go about once a month for a "smokers out night" so if you are within driving distance of Raleigh and want to join in, just let me know. If you are traveling thru and want to set up a "meet and greet smoke out" just let me know. Some of us will gladly "burn one or two" with you. NOW-just so you know, I do not work for them nor have any connection with ownership. The Angus Barn has been a fixture in Raleigh - Durham for many many years. It's just one of those places that should be on the "bucket list". You can bring your own smokes or they have a small walk in humidor room that is well stocked with reasonable sticks up to some fine pricey stogies.  .....Hope you all can make it by there someday.....

This post was also placed in the "Cigar Places" Listings Thread..... 

:shy:     :dancing:     :whistle:     :beer:     :drinking:     :thumbsup:     :cheer:     :cigarman:     :cheers:    

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

sambadave

Love that meat locker.  Great for a cigar and local bourbon

nirab

Looks great! It's second to The Cigar Vault, but I am very biased!!  :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

RDF

I remember The Angus Barn from years ago.  I grew up in Danville, VA.  It was a long drive to get down there and we went for a special occasion a couple times.  Good spot.
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

klamm143

Brian, after your comment I just had to "Google" The Cigar Vault.............I can see why that place remains at the top of your list. I probably won't ever make it out to see tha' "Buda" nor visit "THE VAULT"..........but if I do, you can sure "BANK" on me hitting you up and us burning a few in that place. It does have a lot in common with The Meat Locker in environment, furnishings and historical atmosphere.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Caveman Steve

I've been there quite a few times when visiting family.  Never was able to enjoy a cigar though.  It is an outstanding joint.  Highly recommended!  Relatively casual too like everything in NC.  Not stuffy in the least.

:biggrin:  

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.