Golf Geek Contest

Started by Vroomp, 04/08/2017 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vroomp

I seem to have a few extra cups from the 2015 Masters Tournament  in Augusta, Ga.

Great for outdoor or party use~!

They're all in perfect shape~!

If you would like these plus maybe a fiver of smokes tell me how much this ashtray weighs in grams......

Whole grams only please or I will round it up or down.

Yes, this may give our Canadian friends a bit of an edge, but I think the rest of you can figure it out and come up with a valid guess.

Closest guess to actual answer wins Sunday evening at 12:00

HINT:   For scale, here's what's left of a 5X50 Robusto.....................

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

amigodecigars

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

05Venturer

1300 grams

Did I win?
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

appollo

1128 grams

Brlesq

1588 grams.  Thanks for the contest!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

cigarzinn

ninfiction

I'm fairly certain it's 1143 grams. Your band makes for a really nice looking ashtray.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

biggsy16

Brad, I would like the story that goes with the empty glasses.My guess 1016,watch out for kids toys on the stairs.
Rich
Never done being a Dad

headfirst

1000 even.  Nice ashtray!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

terrys1991

very nice ashtray ~ I guess 825 grams
"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

junglepete

That's the most math I have done in a long time  :-) Thanks for the contest!!...my head hurts.

4552g

all based on my assumptions of estimated size...including the deduction of weight for the grooved holders  :fencing:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

amigodecigars

Quotejunglepete - 4/8/2017  2:42 PM  That's the most math I have done in a long time  :-) Thanks for the contest!!...my head hurts.  4552g  all based on my assumptions of estimated size...including the deduction of weight for the grooved holders  :fencing:
                  No fair using 'Google'     :whistle:
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Camshaft83

That is a sweet ashtray! I'm going to guess 907g.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

benchjockey

1085 grams. Thanks for the contest.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

mike.casey

Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

klamm143

2150 grams........looks like there is 0 oz's left in the cups......that's alot of hangovers rite' there.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Vroomp

Just a few hours left to get those guesses in folks! 

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

BewareDaPenguin

888 grams thanks Brad! :smoker: am I late?
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Vroomp

Looks like Klamm143 is receiving a box full of cups and some cigars~!  The correct weight was 2424~! Yup it's that heavy~!

Thanks for playing folks~!   I'll get this out in the next couple days......... Please make sure your addy is correct in your profile.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

appollo

Congrats Kevin.Thanks for the contest Brad.

05Venturer

Congrats Kevin.
Thanks for the contest Brad
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

klamm143

Brad - thanks for the contest..................I will do my very best to give the cups a new home - and keep them in pristine condition - from full to empty to cleaned - then a repeated process. I hear Grey Goose makes a perfect cup cleaner so I intend to see if that is true.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

cigarzinn

Nice one!  That's one heavy ashtray.

cigarzinn

I also heard that Gray Goose is an excellent glass cleaner. Lol

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.