CI Fulfillment Fun-O-Matic Contest - Winner WInner

Started by Cfickter, 04/11/2017 03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

So, pretty sure by now everyone is well aware of the shipping cluster #$%& at CI.  So we might as well have some fun with it, since the other choice is to just cry.  As some of the regulars know my daughter is getting married this summer and a cigar bar is part of that day.  I have been looking for a special humidor that is more of a display type that people can see into without having to open it every time and leave it open while they decide.  Found one I liked on CBid and after several attempts won!  Yea me!

So the confirmation of my winning bid was March 30th a mere 12 days ago, still no shipping notification.  This is despite winning another bid a few days later and already having that in hand.  My last communication from CI was yesterday which said “It looks like your order is in pick-pending. This means it has been placed in a grouping to be picked and it waiting to go out” Which seems to be CI code talk for “we don’t have a $%&# clue”

So here is the contest, name the date and time this will be delivered to my house.  We will use the USPS delivery time stamp on my text message as the winning date and time.

Additional rules

Each Geek is limited to one entry, get it right the first time, no changes after posting, I am not your mother

Entry must include both the date and time in a recognizable format, i.e. May 4th or 05/04 as dates, 00:00 in time format, 12hour clock and include AM or PM.  So your guess might look like 05/04 at 02:39pm

Closest date/time wins, winning guess can be later than actual delivery time

Winning bid gets a nice selection of cigars, min of 5. But Geek math will probably take place

Hit the exact day and get bonus cigars

Hit the exact day and within 15 mins of the actual delivery time, well you are a good guesser and that might mean even more bonuses

All other rules are entirely at my discretion and are subject to change or bribe

Hint: Most of my USPS deliveries occur between 10:00AM and 03:00PM

Entries will be taken up to the day and time of actual delivery

Good luck don’t pester me with questions, that could be a disqualification

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bstessl

They don't don't have it, sorry for the inconvenience...  

Did I win?
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

shakinghorizons

Cfickter

Quotebstessl - 4/11/2017  5:11 PM  They don't don't have it, sorry for the inconvenience...    Did I win?

that is the real email I am waiting for

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

headfirst

Love the contest idea!  4/24/17, 2:24 PM.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

benchjockey

4/23/17 at 1:11 PM. Thanks for the contest.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

klamm143

I have an equal horror story involving CI..........for a long time, CI was my number one choice for bulk supply orders. THEN, they implemented an "upgrade" - their words. The story is long and drawn out - but after many phone calls - most on lengthy hold - I sent a few emails that were answered within a few days by their number one Customer Rep. I got some apologies and the verbal run around - but did in fact get my order within 4 days of the email contact, but it was for a second order hung up in cyberspace - still processing the first order placed during the "upgrade period". I took a "bite" and ordered again - this time after being told the glitches were fixed.........YUPP - you guessed it. My order stayed "in processing" query for dang near 10 days before going into "backordered mode"........thus - I'll not be doing CI orders for quite some time. The CI upgrade was not anywhere close to an upgrade and no-I did not get anything from them as a gesture to ease the pains. Not a voucher, not a free cigar, not a discount off promo code nor even the cheap dollar magnet- just an apology email. I know my dollars will not even be a blip on their radar - but between a friend and myself (combined), we were ordering close to 400 dollars a month from them.......YUPP, you guessed right - that 400 bones will now go to another supplier and CI can just chalk it up to money lost to the "upgrades"...........Thanks for reading and allowing me the vent session.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

DonM

You are screwed, you might get it next week or maybe next month with a big ass crushed box and dried out cigars you old Bastid :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

klamm143

Ohhhh yeah - got so engrossed in the rant that I forgot to enter......................04/21/2017 at 2:17 PM.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

appollo

cigarzinn

4/19 at 8:17 am. Hope it goes out sooner!

Brlesq

04/28 at 11:15AM.

Great idea for a contest!  Thanks!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

McBryde

Well, a quarter to never didn't fit the appropriate date and time stamp example so I'll go with 5/9 @ 9:50 AM.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Cfickter

QuoteDonM - 4/11/2017  6:26 PM  You are screwed, you might get it next week or maybe next month with a big ass crushed box and dried out cigars you old Bastid :biggrin:

Just like a curmudgeon! 

MurphMan

Wow, didn't realize I had this many cigars. Must be sleep buying in my sleep. Well, time to get some sleep!!!!!

mike.casey

I'm going to be optimistic and say 4/18 @ 2pm. Good luck!
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

ninfiction

04/17 3:01 pm

Great contest! I hope your package shows up period.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

raize

An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

jagfandaddy

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

RDF

HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

nwb

4/22 @ 10:15AM

Great idea for a contest!
Chief of Shaft

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.