Cigar glue?

Started by GrayHogan, 04/23/2017 09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrayHogan

I have, on occasion  had a cigar or two start to unravel on me. Does anyone have a preferred glue they use, or a method they love?
Come on over and say hi, and ridicule me for my crazy reviews at http://gordoguides.com !

headfirst

I've used an organic/safe cigar glue to repair cracked sticks to make them at least smokable.  There is a slight bitterness that it can add though.  Interested to hear what others have to say on this one...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Rebecca Silverwolf

I haven't tried it yet, but I recently heard that unflavored chapstick can work to tack down an unraveling wrapper while smoking. It's not a permanent fix, but it will hold while smoking.

What I have used in the past is El Ligador Cigar Repair Glue, which you can buy for around $8 on Amazon. It works pretty well, and is a more permanent fix.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

05Venturer

QuoteRebecca Silverwolf - 4/24/2017  12:57 AM

I haven't tried it yet, but I recently heard that unflavored chapstick can work to tack down an unraveling wrapper while smoking. It's not a permanent fix, but it will hold while smoking.

What I have used in the past is El Ligador Cigar Repair Glue, which you can buy for around $8 on Amazon. It works pretty well, and is a more permanent fix.

I do use the chapstick trick if needed and it works OK
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

tgs679

toby2

many people say they use pectin

klamm143

Ditto to the chap stick............
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

kuke

Used pectin many times.  Works great.

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

Camshaft83

I use the El Ligador Cigar Repair glue as well. Cheap and works great.  The little bottle seems like it will last a long time too.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Jackal

QuoteCamshaft83 - 4/24/2017  9:46 PM

I use the El Ligador Cigar Repair glue as well. Cheap and works great.  The little bottle seems like it will last a long time too.

It will probably go bad long before you ever burn through an entire bottle.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

prican_2000

I have never used and or heard of these tricks.

Whenever a stick starts unraveling I "Try" (notice I said Try) to keep it all together with my saliva, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
A United States Marine:
No Better Friend, No Worst Enemy!

calvarez

I bought a bottle of cigar glue (some guar gum pectin blend).  I used it twice.  Then I realized I'm too lazy for that and I just deal with it, or remove the wrapper and keep smoking.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

junglepete

If it's unwinding from the head because too much was cut off or just because, then I just moisten it and twirl it in my mouth opposite the direction of the wrapper. Glues it down and keeps it down. Do this a few times while smoking and you should be good to go.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cap10_Morgan

Quotejunglepete - 5/2/2017  5:22 PM

If it's unwinding from the head because too much was cut off or just because, then I just moisten it and twirl it in my mouth opposite the direction of the wrapper. Glues it down and keeps it down. Do this a few times while smoking and you should be good to go.

This is the only thing I've ever done.  I didn't know any of this other stuff!  You know how many sticks I've thrown out because I thought they were beyond repair?  Crap!  (Disclaimer: I'm sure if I had more expensive cigars,  I'd find a way to fix it, lol)
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

MacMac

I've never had to repair a cigar. I have some cracks of course, but have been able to smoke through them. I like the chap stick idea and I'll try to remember so I can try it.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

MacMac

I've never had to repair a cigar. I have some cracks of course, but have been able to smoke through them. I like the chap stick idea and I'll try to remember so I can try it.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

CarlosoftHUN

Great article of the famous smoke... I will use the pectin for sure...
Cigars - What else?

"The light ones may be killers, the dark ones mild; not the wrappers but the fillers, make cigars or women wild." -Keith Preston

West88

Just duct tape it man, that'll work
"Better to have that and not need it than need it and not have it" Captain Woodrow F. Call

c9belayer

I second the Perfecdraw.com reference. He's got a glue product that works wonders, and is tasteless. The Heartfelt glue works very well, too, but it WAS out of stock for months/years. I notice it's available again, so jump on it! Either one of these will work.
-- c9belayer

kuke

pectin works for me.

PhilB

You can make your own with pectin or gum arabic, but Bermocoll is what you really want.  It's cellulose.  As far as I know, it's now what the cigar rollers use.  I tried whatever my B&M sold (not el Ligador, another one), and it wasn't great.  Bermocoll is tasteless, and dries really quickly.

If you don't want to make your own, the guy who sells the Modus II tool (a competitor to the PerfectDraw, I believe the original Modus was first) bought a batch and just mixed it up and sells it in nail polish bottles (1/2 oz, which is way more than the other companies sell, I believe).  Look for "Bermocoll 320" on eBay.

Brlesq

Reach out to DonM and ask him for some postage stamp glue.  Licky licky, sticky sticky!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

c9belayer

FYI all:

I received my Heartfelt Industries order and I'm happy to say their cigar glue comes in a larger size despite no increase in price!
The original version (still pictured on https://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=Cigar+Wrapper+Glue) comes in a small fingernail-polish-size bottle with brush applicator. The NEW cigar glue I just received has 2-3X more product and comes in a mascara-sized bottle with sponge applicator (5/8" diameter by 4.25" long). Like a fine Churchill cigar, it should last a looooong time.
-- c9belayer

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.