children in America are not smoking handmade cigars

Started by amigodecigars, 04/26/2017 08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

A study published by The New England Journal of Medicine and partially funded by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration shows that children in America are not smoking handmade cigars. Although the FDA was one of the organizations funding the study, a release about the findings does not appear in the tobacco section of the FDA's website, and the findings received little press coverage.    You can read the complete article here;    http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/fda-funded-study-confirms-children-do-not-smoke-premium-cigars-19368
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

shakinghorizons

Deener27

I remember trying one when I was young and thinking that it tasted like garbage.  It wasn't until I was much older that I started enjoying them when I had the free time and spare funds.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Jackal

I wonder how much that study cost the taxpayers.

I will save them time on their next two studies.  Water is wet and Fire is hot.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Beegerply

QuoteJackal - 4/26/2017  5:53 PM

I don't care who you are that was funny Jason
 :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

jagfandaddy

No matter the study, it's tobacco and it's bad for you. That is the way it will always be perceived.
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

shakinghorizons

QuoteJackal - 4/26/2017  1:53 PM

They'll need at least 3 years and 2500 people to confirm.

prican_2000

QuoteJackal - 4/26/2017  3:53 PM

Thats "EXACTLY" what I was thinking.
A United States Marine:
No Better Friend, No Worst Enemy!

bstessl

I think the study is more for FDA restrictions on premium cigars, but they did not get the answer they were looking for.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

MacMac

The fight is defiantly up-hill, but there are some good people on the side of craft cigars...maybe, just maybe, stupidity will not prevail.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Dave S.

QuoteMacMac - 4/27/2017  7:59 AM

The fight is defiantly up-hill, but there are some good people on the side of craft cigars...maybe, just maybe, stupidity will not prevail.

In the end, stupidity always prevails.
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

amigodecigars

Earlier this morning, Dr. Scott Gottlieb was confirmed by the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee 14-9 to be the next commissioner of U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA).  In 2012 he wrote, "For example, that 2009 tobacco law was crafted as a way to cut down on underage use of cigarettes. It was, in many respects, a forward-looking measure — envisioning that traditional cigarette makers would gradually transition to developing and marketing smokeless-tobacco products that don’t pose the same health hazards as cigarettes.

But the FDA has been loath to accept that alternative tobacco products could pose a lower health risk than cigarettes. Under the law, it should be examining the relative hazards, rather than spending its energies seeking to expand its powers."

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

MacMac

Quoteamigodecigars - 4/27/2017  5:02 PM

Earlier this morning, Dr. Scott Gottlieb was confirmed by the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee 14-9 to be the next commissioner of U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA).  In 2012 he wrote, "For example, that 2009 tobacco law was crafted as a way to cut down on underage use of cigarettes. It was, in many respects, a forward-looking measure — envisioning that traditional cigarette makers would gradually transition to developing and marketing smokeless-tobacco products that don't pose the same health hazards as cigarettes.

But the FDA has been loath to accept that alternative tobacco products could pose a lower health risk than cigarettes. Under the law, it should be examining the relative hazards, rather than spending its energies seeking to expand its powers."

AMEN to that!!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

calvarez

My neighborhood is full of kids, guess I need to do my part and go give them all cigars.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.