Special Occasions 2.0 - The Mighty Return!

Started by BewareDaPenguin, 05/13/2017 08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BewareDaPenguin

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Special Occasions 2.0 - The Mighty Return! '.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

BewareDaPenguin

I"m not gonna send invites but I'll bump it this weekend and we will see where we are at...gonna get the seed cigars up soon...well some of them lol...gotta keep some mystery! :biggrin:

Some of the older sticks I threw a date on there, not necessary but just they been good and rested lol

shakinghorizons

Not an expert here, have fun guys!

BewareDaPenguin

Pfff your plenty vetted for crazy...get in if you want :thumbsup:

headfirst

Great idea for a pass.  Out of my league for sure, so have fun!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

BewareDaPenguin

Brad (Vroomp) I seeded that Litto Gomez Lancero 2010 for you man you better sign up lol

BewareDaPenguin

OK i did send a few invites, if you were in the last pass you got an invite, if I missed somebody that invite wheel scroll thing was a pain on my Mac so forgive me! Would like to ship out the box next weekend if possible or maybe a little later to give people a chance to sign up. I think we had like 12 last time and that was pretty good so I guess we will see. I'm working 3rd shift so if I don't get back to a request or a response right away I'm sleeping LOL, but I will try to be more active as this pass is overdue and I think everyone enjoyed it 3 years ago.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteCfickter - 5/15/2017  11:06 AM

Adam, thanks for the invite

Awesome buddy sounds good!

Off to a solid start, we had a super pass last time and there was a lot of good sticks, and I even found a few new favorites that I added after. As I'm sure a few others did too.

We will just let it ride for a little bit and hopefully get to a good number we all feel comfortable with. And don't be shy man I'm sure a lot of people are thinking it's out of your league but you can't tell me you don't have 3-4 sticks put away for special occasions that you'd like to turn another geek onto, maybe something they never would have thought of. Again take a look at the forum on the last pass and you will see everyone had a good time and looked forward to getting the Xmas box full of killer smokes :smoker:

sar127

Thanks for the invite but I only got a few special cigars, and I just can't part with them unfortunately. I appreciate it though!
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

BewareDaPenguin

Quotesar127 - 5/16/2017  9:27 AM

Thanks for the invite but I only got a few special cigars, and I just can't part with them unfortunately. I appreciate it though!

No problem buddy if you change your mind I'll leave this open for a little bit :thumbsup:

shakinghorizons

Thanks for the invite - just signed up!

ninfiction

I'll play, I have a few that I think would probably fit.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

StogieDad

Get on in here!  This was a blast of a past last time around.  Remember also, you don't have to swap out the whole box.  Two or three well placed P/T in a pass like this can make it really fun!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

05Venturer

QuoteStogieDad - 5/16/2017  8:58 AM

Get on in here!  This was a blast of a past last time around.  Remember also, you don't have to swap out the whole box.  Two or three well placed P/T in a pass like this can make it really fun!

I was contemplating but I see the cigar pricing for the pass shows a minimum of $15 dollars and I am hard pressed to find one of the seed cigars that even makes the cut.
Most are $8-$14  :confused:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

shakinghorizons

Quote05Venturer - 5/16/2017  11:13 AM

I was contemplating but I see the cigar pricing for the pass shows a minimum of $15 dollars and I am hard pressed to find one of the seed cigars that even makes the cut.

I can't say I was impressed with the seed list (sorry Adam), but figured others would add some variety into the mix!

BewareDaPenguin

Quoteshakinghorizons - 5/16/2017  6:02 PM

Quote05Venturer - 5/16/2017  11:13 AM

I can't say I was impressed with the seed list (sorry Adam), but figured others would add some variety into the mix!

Dang man cutting me out at the knees before the pass even started thanks guys! Lol I changed the min to $10 the idea isn't necessarily the price of the cigar but more when, where & why you smoke them. So for example I smoke the monster cigars around Halloween cuz of there theme, and I haven't had a chance to get new ones as my buying has been real spotty the past few years, so those are what I had. The VSG"s I usually buy a box and smoke them just when I have my own personal free time and I'm not being bothered so it a special occasion with me and a glass of whisky. The #9 & #52 Pigs I was fortunate enough to snag and I always smoke some kind of pig on my bday if I'm able to score them. Ahhh did find a couple of sticks from the last pass and I'll re-seed those as said I would at the end of the last pass. I'm still getting settled in my new place so I haven't located everything but keep an eye on the seed cigars once I find all my humidors I'll add a few more to the selection. It was a fun pass and some good stories, not gonna pressure anybody to join the rules are pretty loose and I'm not looking to be a dictator about P/T everyone invited or who wants to join I'm sure will do fine, I'm not as concerned about price like other passes are just that they have some sort of meaning to you...that's more of the idea behind the pass. So again if someone is on the fence I'd encourage them to join, as the pass was a lot of fun to hear about geeks stories but it's not a big deal if someone doesn't. Just looking to have fun  :-)

05Venturer

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 5/16/2017  3:23 PM
!

"Dang man cutting me out at the knees before the pass even started thanks guys! Lol I changed the min to $10 the idea isn't necessarily the price of the cigar but more when, where & why you smoke them. So for example I smoke the monster cigars around Halloween cuz of there theme, and I haven't had a chance to get new ones as my buying has been real spotty the past few years, so those are what I had. The VSG"s I usually buy a box and smoke them just when I have my own personal free time and I'm not being bothered so it a special occasion with me and a glass of whisky. The #9 & #52 Pigs I was fortunate enough to snag and I always smoke some kind of pig on my bday if I'm able to score them. Ahhh did find a couple of sticks from the last pass and I'll re-seed those as said I would at the end of the last pass. I'm still getting settled in my new place so I haven't located everything but keep an eye on the seed cigars once I find all my humidors I'll add a few more to the selection. It was a fun pass and some good stories, not gonna pressure anybody to join the rules are pretty loose and I'm not looking to be a dictator about P/T everyone invited or who wants to join I'm sure will do fine, I'm not as concerned about price like other passes are just that they have some sort of meaning to you...that's more of the idea behind the pass. So again if someone is on the fence I'd encourage them to join, as the pass was a lot of fun to hear about geeks stories but it's not a big deal if someone doesn't. Just looking to have fun  :-) "

Wasn't cutting you out. I just saw the cigar minimum at $15 and saw the seed list at $8-$10 cigars. Found that a little odd.
If you weren't concerned about price the minimum shouldn't have been set so high.  :confused:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

BewareDaPenguin

Quote05Venturer - 5/16/2017  6:35 PM

Wasn't cutting you out. I just saw the cigar minimum at $15 and saw the seed list at $8-$10 cigars. Found that a little odd.
If you weren't concerned about price the minimum shouldn't have been set so high.  :confused:

All is good buddy yeah price in this pass to me ins't as important as the story and there were many good ones last pass so looking forward to this one...would like to see you hop in the pass bro looks like a good group. I updated the seed cigars right quick, as this was actually a good reminder and something I wanted to do for this new pass. Was to use seed cigars that came from the last pass 3 years ago, and I just found 4 of them and I will keep looking for a few others :biggrin: I think most have been smoked by now since it's been 3 years, but I knew there was a few I put away just to use as seeds for this new pass as I thought that would be a fun twist :angel:

Just want to have fun man, I'm not on very much or as much as I have been (life has been brutal & crazy the past 3 years) so this is just to get back in the swing a little and fun with people I haven't talked to much, but it's a great community & I'm glad to be a part of. So everyone that joins has to have fun :bigthumbs:

Brlesq

Adam, I appreciate the invite, but I'm sitting out passes for a while. Too damned busy!

But it looks like fun!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteBrlesq - 5/16/2017  9:12 PM

Adam, I appreciate the invite, but I'm sitting out passes for a while. Too damned busy!

But it looks like fun!

No problem bro thanks...I haven't done a pass in forever either, and I'm with you man life has been crazy. I hope everyone does have fun including myself, I've been super edgy so this pass should be fun for all players.

BewareDaPenguin

Ahhh I found a couple more sticks hiding in one of my small humiodrs before work so I'll update the seed cigars again, a couple more from last pass 3 years ago :)

BewareDaPenguin

We are up to 5 seed cigars from the last pass :) cool! I will keep looking but that's pretty sweet they have been in good hands for 3 years :biggrin: I will attempt to find more but I'm pretty happy with locating those 5 cigars, that's pretty awesome :smoker:

BewareDaPenguin

And Chuck I put that Rex in there for you, but no promises it makes it lol I know you can't get those anymore. That is from the buy we did with Joe (Condition Zero) many moons ago I know you really dug that cigar and I still had 2 left. Great little smoke, and I bet that thing will smoke great now all these years later :thumbsup:

Cfickter

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 5/17/2017  6:07 PM  And Chuck I put that Rex in there for you, but no promises it makes it lol I know you can't get those anymore. That is from the buy we did with Joe (Condition Zero) many moons ago I know you really dug that cigar and I still had 2 left. Great little smoke, and I bet that thing will smoke great now all these years later :thumbsup:

thanks Adam, now if we can get that past Michael, we are good! 

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.