CI Shipping

Started by Deener27, 05/24/2017 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deener27

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up.  Looks like CI has solved the shipping woes from a few months ago.  Won 4 auctions on CB Sunday night, they were out the door on Monday mid morning and just arrived on my porch this am.

Dare I say, they have fixed the issues?

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

jagfandaddy

Good to know. I was getting ready to place an order.......boy what a fubar on their part!
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Deener27

Quotejagfandaddy - 5/24/2017  2:44 PM

Good to know. I was getting ready to place an order.......boy what a fubar on their part!

I know.  Glad that it seems they got it figured out.  I was a bit nervous and have stayed away for a bit but all is well.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Cap10_Morgan

I won 2 items on cigarbid and set my shipping to weekly/tuesday and it is still in processing status and hasnt shipped yet.  Sucks cause I need that humidor to fit all the cigars I've been bombed with lately, lol.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Deener27

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 5/24/2017  3:36 PM

I won 2 items on cigarbid and set my shipping to weekly/tuesday and it is still in processing status and hasnt shipped yet.  Sucks cause I need that humidor to fit all the cigars I've been bombed with lately, lol.

Glad to hear that you are moving on up.  I know we had that conversation on the herf last Wednesday.  In the past, I found that the large items took a few days longer than the cigars.  Are you going to be on the herf tonight?  Also, when did you win the auctions?

Cap10_Morgan

Well thats good to know.  Hopefully it is just because of it being larger.  I won the humidor ( http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot/2562915/5-vegas-tradition-humidor-100-capacity/ ) on Thursday and a starter kit with humi beads and pg, etc on Saturday ( http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot/2564368/deluxe-humidor-starter-kit/ ).  But since I knew I was buying 2 things, I set my frequency to "Weekly - Tuesday (processed on Tues. for all lots closing the prior week - Tues. to Mon.) "  So I figured it would process and hopefully ship yesterday, but stayed in processing all day.  Hoped it would ship at least today, but still processing as of right now.

And yes, I am planning on joining the herf tonight actually.  Wanted to yesterday, but the weather wasn't playing along.  I think it got it out of its system enough for me to join tonight.  Funny, I thought it was a little weird when I first heard about everyone joining a virtual herf with video chat... now I miss it because I haven't been on since last week, lol.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Deener27

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 5/24/2017  4:06 PM

Well thats good to know.  Hopefully it is just because of it being larger.  I won the humidor ( http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot/2562915/5-vegas-tradition-humidor-100-capacity/ ) on Thursday and a starter kit with humi beads and pg, etc on Saturday ( http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot/2564368/deluxe-humidor-starter-kit/ ).  But since I knew I was buying 2 things, I set my frequency to "Weekly - Tuesday (processed on Tues. for all lots closing the prior week - Tues. to Mon.) "  So I figured it would process and hopefully ship yesterday, but stayed in processing all day.  Hoped it would ship at least today, but still processing as of right now.

And yes, I am planning on joining the herf tonight actually.  Wanted to yesterday, but the weather wasn't playing along.  I think it got it out of its system enough for me to join tonight.  Funny, I thought it was a little weird when I first heard about everyone joining a virtual herf with video chat... now I miss it because I haven't been on since last week, lol.

4 years ago, I won a 300 ct humi, took about a week plus to get it.  If you just created the account and set your shipping, it might take until next week.  The "5 day saver" shipping they use is really quick.  You might get it second day once it goes out.  Again, as for the boxes that I won, 2 days is not bad at all.

I will be on later tonight about 8:30 your time.  See you then.

C130Driver

I got an emailed $50 coupon saying they'd fixed the issues and let us make this right. I placed an order and - I acknowledge it was 100% my fault - I accidentally put an old address as the shipping address. I immediately called at 7 pm only to get a message saying I'd called after hours and to call back during their normal hours of 7 am to 11 pm.  :?:  :?: So...  despite being my day off I set my alarm for 7 am and called first thing in the morning. Sat on hold for 30 minutes. Got a lady who couldn't have cared less. At one point she said, "... that's why it's important you check the address." Yeah no s**t. She said she'd look into it and email me - more than 24 hours later she still hasn't emailed me - but it was likely too late. So I waited an hour, called again, sat on hold for another 30 minutes, and got a different lady. This time a little nicer, but she confirmed they'd closed the customer service line early the day before and I should have called the sales line. This lady must know my wife because they both believe I'm capable of reading minds. She then confirmed my shipment had already been loaded on the truck and my options were pay 1/2 normal $13.40 cancellation fee for them to cancel and reship my purchase. Or pay 1/2 of an undetermined fee to have UPS reroute it. Or allow it to ship to the address then pay to ship it back to them and they'd refund my money. The question being, how am I expected to ship it back from an address that's half the country away??? So I was basically forced to pay another $6.90 to have it cancelled and reshipped knowing the fee to have UPS reroute it would likely be more. I know it's basically chump change but it's the principle. I take half the blame, but really they close the customer service line early and then have the a-hole lady whose a complete smart ass? I don't know I was pretty pissed.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

klamm143

I got the same email - with 50 bucks off coupon.........Problem might be fixed but - most of the deals I was interested in (and eventually ordered) were in a back order status. SOOOOOOOOOOO - we shall see!!!!!

Just kinda odd (not really) that they offer a nice percent / dollar amount coupon off - then most of the deals and preferred items just happen to be out of stock or backordered..........HUMMMMMMMMMMMM?????????
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Cap10_Morgan

My order finally shipped this morning.  I guess I'm impatient for thinking 4 days to process an order before shipping it is a long time, but maybe it's because they have had this "order" for over a week now, but waited for weekly shipping and STILL took 4 days.  Just seems odd, but happy it's on its way.

benchjockey

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 5/26/2017  11:38 AM  My order finally shipped this morning.  I guess I'm impatient for thinking 4 days to process an order before shipping it is a long time, but maybe it's because they have had this "order" for over a week now, but waited for weekly shipping and STILL took 4 days.  Just seems odd, but happy it's on its way.

I don`t think you are being impatient, but it is good to see that your order is on the way.

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

st_andrew

Cigars International, in my opinion, is staffed by a bunch of donkeys.  I have had three utterly disastrous dealing with that company in the past, and accordingly Cigars International is now a permanent member of my supplier black list.

Brlesq

Couldn't happen to a  bigger bunch of jerks.  :violin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

klamm143

QuoteBrlesq - 5/26/2017  9:42 PM  Couldn't happen to a  bigger bunch of jerks.  :violin:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Olddog

They are about to hit my blacklist it seems.  Bought two items and had a weekly shipping setup, one item was sent as scheduled but still waiting on the other.  A "quick" call to them and it was still in processing.  Asked them if that meant they were waiting for it to be in stock and why would they offer it then or if it was just busy there, and was only told it was in processing.  So very informative info...lol.  Hope it gets shipped soon or will be through with them.
"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

SenorPablo

You guys could always use Famous instead and get your 17% off using our code.  Yes, a shameless plug for our sponsor  :biggrin:

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Cap10_Morgan

QuoteSenorPablo - 5/29/2017  7:53 AM

You guys could always use Famous instead and get your 17% off using our code.  Yes, a shameless plug for our sponsor  :biggrin:

-Paul

:shades:  Yeah, I haven't actually had a chance to use them yet, but will probably getting my next order of cigars through them.  The deal on the humidor and supplies was just way too good to pass up.

jagfandaddy

I have an old email address that I needed to change on CI. Well, to change you will get an email to your old address to confirm . My old email address is dead so I called CI to change it. After waiting for 10 minutes on hold for customer service, I hung up. That company no longer exists for me.
Sad that a company is so messed up that way.
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

M82

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 5/29/2017  9:44 AM

QuoteSenorPablo - 5/29/2017  7:53 AM

-Paul

:shades:  Yeah, I haven't actually had a chance to use them yet, but will probably getting my next order of cigars through them.  The deal on the humidor and supplies was just way too good to pass up.

Capt that humidor did look awesome!  
I have to agree about Famous though... ALL of the cigars I've bought have come from Famous besides a half dozen from my local shop. Fast shipping every time. Couldn't be happier with their website and service. The CG17 code is great too !!

bstessl

QuoteSenorPablo - 5/29/2017  6:53 AM

-Paul

I did just try to use the code, but the list of brands that you can't use it on is ENORMOUS... 92 brands to be exact and I couldn't use it.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Cap10_Morgan

Finally received my order today.  Won bids on 5/18 and 5/20 for week ending 5/22.  Took 9 days to process and ship.  Guess not THAT bad??  BUT, I ordered a humi-care kit http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot/2564368/deluxe-humidor-starter-kit/ that clear states a ROUND hygrometer ("1 – Humi-Care Black Ice Round Digital Hygrometer") and they send me the typical blue rectangle hygrometer they have.  Was planning on putting the round digital in place of the analog, but can't fit this one.  Guess it's not a big enough deal to  contact them or god forbid send back and wait a few more weeks, but just seems about right that they sent whatever they wanted based on everyone elses experience.

bstessl

Placed an order on 5-31 and I got the confirmation E-mail and everything was in stock.  10 minutes later I looked and it was on backorder, I just checked order status and and now it says neither item is on backorder, yet neither have shipped either.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

klamm143

Quotebstessl - 6/5/2017  8:25 PM  Placed an order on 5-31 and I got the confirmation E-mail and everything was in stock.  10 minutes later I looked and it was on backorder, I just checked order status and and now it says neither item is on backorder, yet neither have shipped either.

It's..........."THE CI ABYSS" ............a new horror movie for Cigar Smokers.

Kevin R. Lamm

Deener27

Wow,  I am now really sorry for saying anything.  I did a nice job destroying my credibility (half joking but half really serious).  I thought they had things fixed since I got everything a few days after I won the auctions.

My apologies to you guys.  Wish they would have fixed it by now.

Cap10_Morgan

Ok, so I ordered a box of CAO Consigliere from CI on Monday.  I paid an extra $10 for the CAO Flathead ashtray, which I think is pretty cool being both a car guy and a CAO fan.  Also, get a Zederkoff slim travel ashtray for free with promo code, so why not...

CAO ashtray is on backorder.  So I'm a little bummed, but then I see they are shipping the order in separate boxes, so ok, I'll get my cigars at least, right?  Been tracking a package all week and was excited for it to be delivered today.  Grab the package and think, how the hell did you fit a box of cigars in here?  They sent the stupid travel ashtray by itself!  WTF?  So the cigars, that are not backordered, still haven't been shipped.  GRRRR

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.