WINNER: I'm back, It's back - Smoke a stick, Review a stick

Started by ninfiction, 06/10/2017 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninfiction

Just got back from a week long fishing trip during which I smoked a couple cigars that were provided by Geeks and it go me thinking. I ran this exact contest last year and figured WTF let's do it again. I copied the following from my contest last year, it worked well so we'll do it exactly the same way.

Here's the deal, smoke a cigar that another Geek(member of this forum) has given you (via bomb, trade, contest winnings, whatever), complete a review for the cigar, post here with the cigar name and the Geek's name the gave it to you and you're entered. Easy right? Yep, that's it. Smoke, type, win cigars.

The nitty gritty:

1) This contest will run for a month: Saturday June 10th thru Monday July 10th (Midnight Central Standard Time...or around there)
2) You must be of veteran status by the end of the contest, I assume if you've been here long enough to have received cigars from another geek you'll have your 60 days in without issue by July...and if you don't have 100 posts, get to it.
3) The Geek that provided the cigar must be a member of Cigar Geeks.
4) You must complete a review for said cigar in the database.
5) You must post in this thread by the deadline which cigar you reviewed and who gave it to you, minimum....if you want to acknowledge your undying love for said Geek, that's your choice.
6) Multiple cigars may be smoked and reviewed, limit of 5...but smoke em anyway, someone gave them to you for that purpose.
7) Random generator will be used to determine the winner, each cigar reviewed and posted in this thread is worth 1 entry, you may enter up to 5.

The winner will receive a handsome fiver from me...one of which will be a recently re-released Warped Skyflower...and probably 4 dog rockets.

*I reserve the right to modify the rules of this contest at any time and my say is final.
**No purchase required, alternate entry may be made by sending a postcard(to my mailbox), arriving no later than the contest deadline.

Any questions? No? Good, go forth and smoke those gifted cigars!  :dancing:

The winner is biggsy16 - Rich, Congrats!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

appollo

klamm143

Thanks for the contest - good luck to all who enter.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

benchjockey

This was an enjoyable contest last year. Thanks for bringing it back.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Brlesq

I'll kick this off:  I just enjoyed a Tatuaje Monster Series JV-13 (Jason) that Rob (sar127) bombed me with at the end of 2016.

Thanks for the contest again this year, Brian! :thumbsup:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ninfiction

QuoteBrlesq - 6/10/2017  7:37 PM

I'll kick this off:  I just enjoyed a Tatuaje Monster Series JV-13 (Jason) that Rob (sar127) bombed me with at the end of 2016.

Thanks for the contest again this year, Brian! :thumbsup:

And we're off!

Brlesq

Apparently I am WINNING!

Took a Romeo y Julieta 1875 Bully to enjoy on the golf course this morning, recently given to me by Dave (Deener27) as part of the Indy 500 prize pack.  Great morning smoke!  Thanks Dave!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

appollo

Smoked a Arturo Fuente Casa Fuente Corona Gordo Given to by none other Then Brian {Ninfiction] in the birthday pass.Thank you very much sir.

ninfiction

Quoteappollo - 6/11/2017  6:32 PM

Smoked a Arturo Fuente Casa Fuente Corona Gordo Given to by none other Then Brian {Ninfiction] in the birthday pass.Thank you very much sir.

Don't forget to do a quick review. Hope you enjoyed it, one of my favorites.

klamm143

Entry 1 - Alec Bradley Tempus Centuria Maduro (7 x 49, HON) sent to me from Vroomp (Brad Longanecker) 4/2017 - winning Masters Golf Geek Contest.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Cap10_Morgan

Cabaiguan Guapos RX Maduro from sar127.  Thanks, brother!  Great smoke and really enjoyed during tonight's herf.  Honestly wish I would have smoked it by myself and not on the herf to give it it's full attention, but it was great from start to finish!
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

ninfiction

The list is started, still plenty of time to get those cigars smoked and reviewed!

ninfiction

To the top, come on guys, I know you're all smoking.

The Burn Ward

Cool contest! I've been having trouble selecting cigars to smoke so now I know what to reach for. I can think of at least 20 cigars that I still have from various geeks.

The Burn Ward

Smoking an Oliva MB2 (master blends 2) torpedo from one of NWB(Nate) famous MMAO sales some years back. Very smooth with a touch of sweet on the retro. Pairing with a Leinekugels Canoe paddler.

biggsy16

Siglo, sent to me in a huge bomb from the late great Dogman (Loren),really mild but well constructed, can be had for a good price a great mid day light cigar.Semi sweet with a little cedar.
Never done being a Dad

ninfiction

Don't forget to leave reviews in the database guys. Doesn't have to be a book but I do check to make sure there is something.

Cap10_Morgan

PDR 1878 Capa Oscura thanks to Kent.  Loving this smoke so far, Kent and glad I was able to enjoy while on a herf with you tonight!
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

appollo

Smoked A MF La Antiguedad Robusto recieved from Trent(Tjm0831) in a mini PIF.Real nice stick.Thank you very much.

MusicCity

I'm in! I chose a La Gloria Cubana I received in trade from nirab.

quickme

Ramon. Bueno the project gifted by Millarddj( Daniel).  These babies always have a spot in my humi.

Cap10_Morgan

Montecristo (Cuban) No. 2 from shakinghorizons (Collin), while watching 24 hr Le Mans. Thanks, brother!  Always wanted to smoke a Monte #2.

05Venturer

Just smoked a fantastic  Drew Estate Liga Privada Unico Serie Ratzilla given to me by fellow Geek Joe Lala.
Thank to Joe for the smoke and Brian for the contest  :dancing:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

appollo

Smokes a Padron 1964 Anniversary Monarca Maduro I recieved from Paul in the secret santa pass two years ao .Great smoke Paul thank you very much.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.