"A fine cigar is the essence of life. The tobacco plant comes from the earth, from which we ourselves were created. Like ourselves, each leaf grows and is nurtured individually, acquiring its own characteristics, and is then graded, sorted, and matured according to their special abilities. As tobacco comes to its graduation in the making of cigars, as with the making of adults, some is left on the cutting room table and become ordinary, run-of-the-mill products. Some graduate into leadership and areas of responsibility, but a few achieve greatness, and even a touch of immortality." -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Main Menu

Contest: Let's see your Ligas!

Started by MusicCity, 06/24/2017 05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicCity

Alright folks, time for a giveaway. I attended a Drew Estate event this week and got hooked up!  Their rep was very generous and sent me away loaded down. I know there must be some hardcore Liga Privada fans on CG so I thought, how about a "post your Liga stash" giveaway?  Pretty simple - post up a picture of your stash and brief writeup.  Prize will be a LP9 baseball cap and flying pig cutter, plus a bodyguard or two.
Winner will be chosen at random and the contest will close 7/2/17@2359.
And away we go...

Brlesq

Longhorn wins if its the most  :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

MusicCity

ninfiction

Sweet contest. I'll have to round mine up. Good reason to sort them.

This is not the admin you're looking for...

StogieDad

Hmmmm.  I may have one or two of those laying around :biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

If Longhorn sees this we will all be chasing 2nd place!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Fran95

My one and only right now. I love no 9's but have never had pig version of it  I have high hopes for this one...  :biggrin:

StogieDad

Mine have their own little home, aside from some FFPs and L40s.  I think I have at least a couple of all the Unicos except the A and Year of the Rat, and one offs like the Bashert Pig.  Not near the collection some have, but I do enjoy me some Ligas.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

shakinghorizons

How about a prototype for the No. 9? Does that count?

MusicCity

Is it banded? Colin knowing you it might be a Ronnie you're trying to pass off  :lmao:

Vroomp

Not really into the Ligas too much......... :biggrin:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

shakinghorizons

QuoteMusicCity - 6/26/2017  11:45 AM

Is it banded? Colin knowing you it might be a Ronnie you're trying to pass off  :lmao:

Ronnie? Not catching the reference here, sorry.

But yes, it is banded, but not with a No. 9

ninfiction

Quoteshakinghorizons - 6/26/2017  10:35 PM

QuoteMusicCity - 6/26/2017  11:45 AM

Ronnie? Not catching the reference here, sorry.

But yes, it is banded, but not with a No. 9

lol Ron Mexico, supposedly a very high quality cigar. https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/ron-mexico-cigars/1411613/

shakinghorizons

Ah, never heard it referenced as a "Ronnie".

Looks like they're on sale, do you need a box John?

MusicCity

No thanks! Post up your prototype man I'd love to see it.

Cap10_Morgan

The only Liga I've ever had. (T52 Belicoso)   Trust me, it's in my hand.  No I don't expect this to be a valid entry, just thought I'd share since this was the only one I've had my hands on, lol.

This was a few weeks ago when I met Hank and Fran for a local Geek herf. 

photo IMG-20170613-WA0004_zpsgdulzpfm.jpg

"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

klamm143

QuoteStogieDad - 6/26/2017  8:44 AM  Mine have their own little home, aside from some FFPs and L40s.  I think I have at least a couple of all the Unicos except the A and Year of the Rat, and one offs like the Bashert Pig.  Not near the collection some have, but I do enjoy me some Ligas.

DANG IT - Michael............................that's just WRONG.

Why torture your friends like that???? 

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Longhorn

DonM

QuoteLonghorn - 6/29/2017  5:20 AM

Yard gars!

You got Yard Gars?  :lmao:  :bigthumbs:

"The Curmudgeon"

Olddog

A real favorite of mine is the T-52.  A great cigar for all occasions.

"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

ninfiction

Here's my humble collection. Honestly I don't smoke Ligas as much as I should...except the ones given to me. Even those I tend to hoard instead of smoke. The ones I buy usually get bombed or put into box passes.

Pigs(FFP, #9, T52), Rats, Ratzillas, UF-13, couple regular #9 and T52, even a UF-4. Many of which were gifted to me or showed up in trades.

Good thing this wasn't a contest to show LFD or Crowned Heads, that would have required major work on my part.

M82

Quoteninfiction - 6/30/2017  12:53 AM

Here's my humble collection. Honestly I don't smoke Ligas as much as I should...except the ones given to me. Even those I tend to hoard instead of smoke. The ones I buy usually get bombed or put into box passes.

Pigs(FFP, #9, T52), Rats, Ratzillas, UF-13, couple regular #9 and T52, even a UF-4. Many of which were gifted to me or showed up in trades.

Good thing this wasn't a contest to show LFD or Crowned Heads, that would have required major work on my part.

Good looking "humble" collection !

MusicCity

Yeah very nice! Longhorn you gonna play?

appollo

This is my complete selection of Liga's. Some I have traded for and some have been given to me by fellow geeks.

Longhorn

QuoteMusicCity - 6/30/2017  11:36 AM

Yeah very nice! Longhorn you gonna play?

:shy: I'll watch the others this time!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.