Sup fellers.....

Started by Silverstix, 07/19/2017 02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstix

What's up boys,

I've used the site to keep track of my sticks with the virtual humidor for the last few months.......thought it was about time to introduce myself, say hello, and start chiming in here and there on the forums! Looking forward to chatting with you guys.... 

I'm from New York, been really taking an interest in the hobby for about a year now.  I'm starting to branch out to try new blends.  My tastes are pretty much all over the place, depending on my mood. Recently had a Roma Craft Intemperance BA that I LOVED, plan on picking up a fiver of those very soon.  I know enough to know what I like and what I don't like, but I'm pumped about trying more different tastes too.

Likes (so far):

DE Undercrown Shade

Flor de las Antillas

Roma Craft Intemperance BA

Padron 2000 - only tried the natural so far

CAO Amazon Basin & Fuma em Corda 

Nat Sherman Timeless Dominican

Fuente Hemingway Short Story

Fuente 858 Maduro and Sungrown 

New World 

Anything Oliva

Anything Davidoff

Long walks on the beach and smooth jazz  :smoker2:

Don't Like (so far): 

Cheap maduros

Cigars that burn like sh*t and I have to fight with

When my wife complains about all the packages I get in the mail  :-0

Cap10_Morgan

Welcome, Thomas!  Glad you decided to chime in, and look forward to chatting with you soon! :welcome:
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

danb6177

Welcome from Tampa bay! Where are you from in NY I lived there for awhile?
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Silverstix

Quotedanb6177 - 7/19/2017  4:10 PM

Oh yeah?? I'm on Long Island

appollo

:welcome: From Nova Scotia.Enjoy the site.

Silverstix

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 7/19/2017  4:04 PM

Welcome, Thomas!  Glad you decided to chime in, and look forward to chatting with you soon! :welcome:

Thanks Cap

Silverstix

Quoteappollo - 7/19/2017  4:19 PM

:welcome: From Nova Scotia.Enjoy the site.

Thanks Appollo, 'preciate it

benchjockey

Welcome aboard from South Florida, Thomas.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Otter

Welcome to the group!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

shakinghorizons

headfirst

Welcome from LA, nice intro!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

danb6177

QuoteSilverstix - 7/19/2017  6:18 PM

Quotedanb6177 - 7/19/2017  4:10 PM

Oh yeah?? I'm on Long Island

Nice I was born in west Babylon. Lived there for 24 years
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Deener27

Howdy :welcome:
Glad you decided to take the plunge and post with us.  Love the intro with your likes and dislikes.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

ntanner

Welcome from New Mexico.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

RDF

Welcome! from SE Michigan.  With these guys you'll be adding to that "Likes" list and need a bigger humi.
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

toby2

sar127

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Brlesq

Welcome from the Capital Region!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Cfickter

Welcome from Pittsburgh
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Olddog

Nice meeting you, welcome to the Geeks
"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

tfkirk

Welcome from NE Pa.
Kirk

RIP BIG KIRK, LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

05Venturer

Welcome from NW WI Thomas  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

My wife complains about my package(s) too...Welcome!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Silverstix

Thanks all for the warm welcome!!  I can already see how easily I can get carried away here lol, have to show some restraint though as I have 2 young kids at home and they ain't cheap!  Been trying to buy more than I smoke so that I can get a little backlog built up, doing pretty well so far......have about 70 sticks in my Tupperware at home.  Be nice to stock up this winter and have them ready for the spring time and nicer weather.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.