I think.......it's time for another contest!!!!

Started by qman22, 01/11/2008 07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qman22

Well, I thought I would throw my hat into the ring to sponsor a contest with some trivia.  The first person to respond with all three correct answers wins a Cuban cigar from my collection.

1. This city is the only place in the country where a state is only 1 city wide (actually my hometown).

2. This famous actor was a graduate of West Virginia University where he was a member of Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity (my college frat).

3. (M, N, O and P are all different individuals)

M is the daughter of N.
N is the son of O
O is the father of P.

Among the following statements, which is true ? (hint: only 1 is true)

A. O is the uncle of M.
B. P and N are brothers
C. M is the daughter of P.
D. If B is the daughter of N, then M and B are sisters.
E. If C is the granddaughter of O, then C and M are sisters.

:goodluck:
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

SenorPablo

Excellent contest with an awesome prize!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

mhuss

Where do B and C come into play in question 3?  Or am I just an idiot?   :whistle:

NewGuy

Here goes:

1-Weirton, WVA
2-Don Knotts
3-D

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Sticks

qman22

Rack, nice job!  I guess that was too easy.....I'll get the prize out to you this week

ljlemer

M is the daughter of N.
If B is the daughter of N, then M and B are sisters.

How hard was that? The problem was digging through the rest of the info that was just window dressing. The question would've been harder without the hint.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

Quoteqman22 - 1/12/2008  3:35 AM

Rack, nice job!  I guess that was too easy.....I'll get the prize out to you this week

qman

That was a cool contest. I had just finished my Toe Jam as seen in the recent photos. I used a powerful search engine www.dogpile.com to find the trivia (several attempts required). Search engines are cool since my thinking cap doesn't fit anymore!

I'll PM you some shipping instructions - thank you.  :thumbsup:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

Belive it or I prefer not to have an ISOM! So, qman agreed to hook me up otherwise. Thanks alot qman. That was a creative contest that required a bit of effort to solve.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 1/12/2008  10:17 PM

Belive it or I prefer not to have an ISOM!
Rack

ISOM? I looked it up to no avail.

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

Quoteljlemer - 1/12/2008  11:40 PM

Rack

Click on Forums in the left margin and find an ISOM folder for more info :cigarguy:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Sticks

Congratulations Rack on coming up with answers so quickly and correctly.

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 1/12/2008  11:44 PM

Quoteljlemer - 1/12/2008  11:40 PM

Rack

Click on Forums in the left margin and find an ISOM folder for more info :cigarguy:

Rack

I applaud your patriotic commitment to lawful behavior. Now what does ISOM stand for?

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

From the GLossary of Cigar Terms menu item found in the top right margin of the home page:

ISOM -- An acronym standing for Island South Of Miami. Referring to Cuba.

:whistle:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Turboknat

NewGuy

Hey qman

I got my prize days ago! I like Padilla and have not tried that one. It was dry so I'll keep it humi'd for while and post a review when I have the chance to enjoy it. Thanks again - your effort made for some fun for all of us, albeit, a little more fun for me  :smoker:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 1/13/2008  8:46 AM

From the GLossary of Cigar Terms menu item found in the top right margin of the home page:

Rack

I live in CNOM. City north of Miami. About 60 miles north.

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

Quoteljlemer - 1/29/2008  4:41 AM

Rack

Me too! About 873.92 miles according to mapquest  :biggrin:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

mhuss

QuoteNewGuy - 1/29/2008  9:56 PM

Quoteljlemer - 1/29/2008  4:41 AM

Rack

Me too! About 873.92 miles according to mapquest  :biggrin:

Rack

:lmao:
In that case, there would only be about 11 cities that could boast the acronym CSOM.

NewGuy

QuoteNewGuy - 1/28/2008  11:28 PM

Hey qman

I got my prize days ago! I like Padilla and have not tried that one. It was dry so I'll keep it humi'd for while and post a review when I have the chance to enjoy it. Thanks again - your effort made for some fun for all of us, albeit, a little more fun for me  :smoker:

Rack

qman

I had a chance to enjoy my prize this weekend and posted a review. Padilla 1948 is a winner and for me a prize! Thanks again for the contest.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 2/3/2008  9:27 AM

I had a chance to enjoy my prize this weekend and posted a review. Padilla 1948 is a winner and for me a prize! Thanks again for the contest.

Rack

I'm humidifying a dry Padilla Miami Torpedo from the pass.  It'll be my first. Maybe a Padilla 1948 will appear out of nowhere so I can try it. If it does, I might not be able to explain how I got it.

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 2/3/2008  9:51 AM
I'm humidifying a dry Padilla Miami Torpedo from the pass.  It'll be my first. Maybe a Padilla 1948 will appear out of nowhere so I can try it. If it does, I might not be able to explain how I got it.

Maybe I should have taken one of those Padilla Miami's when they came around on the last pass.  I do have a Padilla Hybrid in my humidor, which I think I did actually snag from the last pass.

qman22

Awesome Rack, I am glad you liked it.  I enjoyed reading your review.

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 2/3/2008  2:19 PM

Quoteljlemer - 2/3/2008  9:51 AM

Maybe I should have taken one of those Padilla Miami's when they came around on the last pass.  I do have a Padilla Hybrid in my humidor, which I think I did actually snag from the last pass.

I remembered enjoying my Padilla Hybrid, but it had been a while. I went back and looked. Seems I reviewed it on 8/31/07 and gave it 4.5 stars! In fact, I think I was the one who put that Hybrid in the pass. I don't put junk in. I could fill a box, I mean BOX, with dog rockets and pass it around if you guys enjoyed bad cigars and high postage to send it on.

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

Quoteqman22 - 2/3/2008  2:52 PM

Awesome Rack, I am glad you liked it.  I enjoyed reading your review.

No problem. Thanks again Jason, the more I think about comparing the 1948 with the Miami I believe I prefer the 1948. This is significant because the Miami 8/11 is on my very short list of favorites.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.