Next pipe

Started by danb6177, 09/14/2017 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danb6177

Ok so loving the meerschaum pipe. Now looking for my second pipe. I have seen a few that look nice to me but I'm new at this so I'll ask here. What I'm looking for is something I can smoke for an hour or a little more. I get about 30 mins out of the legend model MM. What is a good size bowl for a longer smoke? Second question is dr grabow pipes. How good are they? My third pipe I'm gonna spend a little cash on but not looking to spend 50 plus $ right now on a pipe. So was looking at the grabow pipes. I know estate pipes are good as well but the ones I've seen are pretty expensive also. Thanx for any help
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

runewolf

I can't answer the question on the bowl.  I've never worried about smoking mine longer than my bowl does now.  If I have time to smoke another one it has always brought me joy to redo the entire ceremony of repacking my pipe.  I will say the three Dr Grabow pipes I've had have all been excellent and look quite nice for a lower priced pipe.  I would have no problem recommending one to a new smoker.  Lol and to be an enabler of pipe use....  Here is a decent site with just about every pipe and price range you could want http://www.tobaccopipes.com/tobacco-pipes/
--// Signature space for rent \\--

toby2

i buy pipes on ebay a good bit. you can get a good pipe for cheap as long as it isn't being sold by someone who specializes in resale.

danb6177

Quoterunewolf - 9/15/2017  9:43 AM

I can't answer the question on the bowl.  I've never worried about smoking mine longer than my bowl does now.  If I have time to smoke another one it has always brought me joy to redo the entire ceremony of repacking my pipe.  I will say the three Dr Grabow pipes I've had have all been excellent and look quite nice for a lower priced pipe.  I would have no problem recommending one to a new smoker.  Lol and to be an enabler of pipe use....  Here is a decent site with just about every pipe and price range you could want http://www.tobaccopipes.com/tobacco-pipes/

Ok good very helpful. I like the look of the grabows. And yeah I've been recommended to that site twice now. Thanx!
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

danb6177

Quotetoby2 - 9/15/2017  9:53 AM

i buy pipes on ebay a good bit. you can get a good pipe for cheap as long as it isn't being sold by someone who specializes in resale.

I thought about that too. How do you know it's cleaned up and all? Or do you just clean it when you get it.
-----

toby2

Quotedanb6177 - 9/15/2017  2:20 PM  
Quotetoby2 - 9/15/2017  9:53 AM  i buy pipes on ebay a good bit. you can get a good pipe for cheap as long as it isn't being sold by someone who specializes in resale.
I thought about that too. How do you know it's cleaned up and all? Or do you just clean it when you get it.

i just clean them myself. Walker Briar Works  makes a nice stem restore product (i think it's just Brasso and wax) i use for the stem. i then just scrape the bowl and just pour some high proof through it then let it dry. many blv the older pipes have denser briar as well. maybe?

danb6177

Quotetoby2 - 9/15/2017  3:36 PM

Quotedanb6177 - 9/15/2017  2:20 PM  
Quotetoby2 - 9/15/2017  9:53 AM  i buy pipes on ebay a good bit. you can get a good pipe for cheap as long as it isn't being sold by someone who specializes in resale.

i just clean them myself. Walker Briar Works  makes a nice stem restore product (i think it's just Brasso and wax) i use for the stem. i then just scrape the bowl and just pour some high proof through it then let it dry. many blv the older pipes have denser briar as well. maybe?

Nice man. Great info. Thanx a lot
-----

05Venturer

Quotedanb6177 - 9/14/2017  11:34 PM

Ok so loving the meerschaum pipe. Now looking for my second pipe. I have seen a few that look nice to me but I'm new at this so I'll ask here. What I'm looking for is something I can smoke for an hour or a little more. I get about 30 mins out of the legend model MM. What is a good size bowl for a longer smoke? Second question is dr grabow pipes. How good are they? My third pipe I'm gonna spend a little cash on but not looking to spend 50 plus $ right now on a pipe. So was looking at the grabow pipes. I know estate pipes are good as well but the ones I've seen are pretty expensive also. Thanx for any help

Mr Brog is a great pipe in my opinion, I have one of the pear wood pipes i have been smoking for years and love it. Very reasonably priced also.

https://mrbrog.com/collections/pear-wood-pipes?page=1
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

danb6177

Quote05Venturer - 9/16/2017  7:20 AM

Quotedanb6177 - 9/14/2017  11:34 PM

Mr Brog is a great pipe in my opinion, I have one of the pear wood pipes i have been smoking for years and love it. Very reasonably priced also.

https://mrbrog.com/collections/pear-wood-pipes?page=1

Yeah saw those. They make some nice big ones too.
-----

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.