Getting tobacco ready to smoke

Started by danb6177, 10/11/2017 07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danb6177

I have learned that some tobaccos are ready to go right out of the tin and some not so much. I have been drying moist tobacco out a bowl at a time. Whats the best way to open an ounce of tobacco and get it all ready to smoke so that when I want a bowl I can just pop the jar and grab some. I have just heard today to try the microwave, but that doesn't seem right to me. maybe Im wrong?
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

toby2

i don't dry out a bunch anymore. i used to though. now i will take a pew puff through a bowl with a lighter then get back to it in a few minutes. works pretty good. i used to put the whole can in a salad bowl and let it air dry a bit on wer blends. i don't anymore. i guess i've also gravitated to better blends and they are usually good to go as well.

danb6177

Quotetoby2 - 10/11/2017  8:33 PM

i don't dry out a bunch anymore. i used to though. now i will take a pew puff through a bowl with a lighter then get back to it in a few minutes. works pretty good. i used to put the whole can in a salad bowl and let it air dry a bit on wer blends. i don't anymore. i guess i've also gravitated to better blends and they are usually good to go as well.

So I can dump a whole can out and dry it then chuck it back in the jar? That's probably what I will do.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----

toby2

danb6177

Nice I guess my concern was it getting too dry.
-----

toby2

Quotedanb6177 - 10/11/2017  10:02 PM  Nice I guess my concern was it getting too dry.

it can happen. keep an eye on it. and mix it every so often. a small tin won’t take long. i got a pound of Vintage Syrian once i left out overnight two nights. i just do a bowl like i mentioned earlier now. Frog Morton is usually pretty wet. 

danb6177

Lol yep FM cellar is the one I'm having issues with.
-----

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.