I'm looking for... I have an extra...

Started by Chrism305, 02/08/2018 10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrism305

I got this idea from a post by nirab. In this thread post:

(1) a cigar you are looking for. Not something impossible like a sand shark or a small limited release from 15 years ago but something you believe has some shot of a geek actually having. 

(2) a cigar that you have an extra of that may be on the scarce side. 

The two don't need to be of equal value. They will be part of two different trades and the value will be determined by what makes the geeks happy.

They don't need to be fancy or exotic, just what you want and what you have.

This is not a 1 for 1 trade but the start of a trade.

Example - Bill has up "I'm looking for a DE feral pig and I have an extra Liberty 2011 in coffin"

Suzy is looking for the Liberty, so she PM's Bill a proposed trade that does not need a pig, anything she thinks can get the 2011. Either they work out a trade or they don't. If they do                                     then Bill edits his post and puts some other "extra" in it' place.

At all times your post will have 2 cigars, an updated looking for and an extra.

Change your choices as often as you wish. If either stick has been posted for too long then either no one has it, no one wants it, or they don't have a viable trade.

This thread may get long and will hopefully change often so come back often and browse the trade possibilities.  

Chrism305

I am looking for a:    Paul Stulac White Blinding Light Lancero (7 x 38, NIC)
I have an extra:        Viaje Holiday Blend 2012 Candy Cane (6 x 54, NIC)   purchased   12/26/2012

shakinghorizons

QuoteChrism305 - 2/8/2018  9:40 PM
Not something impossible like a sand shark or a small limited release from 15 years ago but something you believe has some shot of a geek actually having. 

Don't assume geeks don't have sand sharks and limited release sticks from 15 years ago  :shy:

toby2

Quoteshakinghorizons - 2/9/2018
Don't assume geeks don't have sand sharks and limited release sticks from 15 years ago  :shy:[/QUOTE]

:biggrin: yup....

Cfickter

Chris
I think this is a good idea but the prospect of scrolling thru a long thread may get daunting
Keeping a master list at the top of page 1 would be ideal but that means someone managing and monitoring.
How about a Google Sheet where people can post and easily search against, completed trades can then also be marked or identified
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

biggsy16

Never done being a Dad

ninfiction

Quotebiggsy16 - 2/9/2018  1:48 PM

Kinda like that show wife swap?

I'd give mine away but I'm not taking a replacement
This is not the admin you're looking for...

AustinMike

I've had 2 already.  I'll pass on a 3rd, unless she's really old and rich. LMAO

05Venturer

QuoteCfickter - 2/9/2018  12:46 PM

Chris
I think this is a good idea but the prospect of scrolling thru a long thread may get daunting
Keeping a master list at the top of page 1 would be ideal but that means someone managing and monitoring.
How about a Google Sheet where people can post and easily search against, completed trades can then also be marked or identified

^^^^^^ This  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

shakinghorizons

Quoteninfiction - 2/9/2018  1:46 PM

Right there with ya!

Brlesq

Quoteninfiction - 2/9/2018  3:46 PM

I'll take her, Shirley's a lot of fun!

I've got to trade a wonderful wife who is about to become very hard to live with when she finds out that Shirley is arriving.  :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

shakinghorizons

Completely derailed, but this is hilarious

ninfiction

QuoteBrlesq - 2/9/2018  7:14 PM

Quoteninfiction - 2/9/2018  3:46 PM

I'll take her, Shirley's a lot of fun!

I've got to trade a wonderful wife who is about to become very hard to live with when she finds out that Shirley is arriving.  :biggrin:

lol I'll let her know she's going to have to become a witch.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.