Official 2018 NCAA Bracket Contest

Started by mike.casey, 03/11/2018 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike.casey

This will be the 7th annual NCAA tourney competition here on CG!!!

Last years thread: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=46542.0

THE RULES

1) Please post in this thread when you join the competition

2) You must have a feedback score of greater than 0 to play OR a geek in good standing to vouch for you.

3) By filling out a bracket you are pledging 5 cigars with a total value of at least $25.

4) At the end of the NCAA tournament everyone in the contest will send their entry 5er to the winner, and the winner will send the second place winner a 5er.

5) USE YOUR GEEK HANDLE WHEN YOU NAME YOUR BRACKET (If I cannot identify the geek that created the bracket before the tournament starts I will have to delete the entry)

6) You must have your bracket completed by the start of the first game on Thursday, March 15th.

HOW TO PLAY

1) GO TO: http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2018/en/group?groupID=2294386

[Group Name: Cigar Geeks]

2) Click [Create a Bracket Now!]

3) Create an ESPN login if you do not have one

4) Enter the password: cigargeeks2018

5) Name your bracket with your Cigar Geeks user name

6) Fill out your bracket, and have fun watching the Madness!

Any questions? Ask away...
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

mike.casey

Last year's winner got 60+ smokes out of the deal.

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

ninfiction

I'm in.

Good to see you back Mike!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

mike.casey

Quoteninfiction - 3/11/2018  9:30 PM

I'm in.

Good to see you back Mike!

Right on. I had to come back for my favorite time of year.

Ron White

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

johncw

I'm in... Time to get the old dart board out for some guessing.

mike.casey

Right on,

As of right now, winner gets a 20er!

Ron White

clami

I'm in!!  Looking forward to donating some cigars to someone.  Last year my 8 year old picked a better bracket than me.

StogieDad

I'm in, thanks brother for running!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

mike.casey

Woohoo! Up to 30+ sticks to the winner.

Ron White

Caveman Steve

Hey all!

I've been AWOL for quite some time and don't think I ever posted this picture of last years winnings.  Shame on  me!

Better late than never I suppose.

Anyway.  If you're on the fence......the picture says it all.  An Epic display to be sure!

I'll play again if I'm welcome, realizing  I've relegated myself to "Lurker" status 

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

mike.casey

QuoteCaveman Steve - 3/12/2018  11:38 PM

Hey all!

I've been AWOL for quite some time and don't think I ever posted this picture of last years winnings.  Shame on  me!

Better late than never I suppose.

Anyway.  If you're on the fence......the picture says it all.  An Epic display to be sure!

I'll play again if I'm welcome, realizing  I've relegated myself to "Lurker" status 

Come on in, the water's fine!

Ron White

Deener27

Okay, okay, okay...you twisted my arm.  I am in as my handle on here.

C'mon guys, join this one.  It should be a good one.  

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

mike.casey

My picks are in! I've got a good feeling about this one!!!

Ron White

clami

Wow, UCLA is out before it even started. Have to change my bracket....

05Venturer

19 years since my Badgers weren't in it to win it  :cry:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Deener27

Quote05Venturer - 3/14/2018  3:07 PM

19 years since my Badgers weren't in it to win it  :cry:

:blahblah:  :biggrin:

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

RDF

I'm in.  Thanks for setting this up Mike.
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

mike.casey

QuoteRDF - 3/14/2018  7:33 PM

I'm in.  Thanks for setting this up Mike.

Right on! Can you confirm your bracket name, or rename it RDF?

I think you make 11, which means 50+ sticks to the victor. :dancing:

Ron White

nirab

I guessed on all of my picks...just wanted to put that out there for all you research hounds... :biggrin:  :lmao:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

RDF

Quotemike.casey - 3/14/2018  7:30 PM  
QuoteRDF - 3/14/2018  7:33 PM  I'm in.  Thanks for setting this up Mike.
Right on! Can you confirm your bracket name, or rename it RDF?   I think you make 11, which means 50+ sticks to the victor. :dancing:

Owner name is vt1984, bracket GoGreen

HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

johncw

Quotenirab - 3/14/2018  9:53 PM

I guessed on all of my picks...just wanted to put that out there for all you research hounds... :biggrin:  :lmao:

Same here :biggrin: took me about 5 mins to fill it out.  

Risk vs reward is to great. Why wouldn't you play.

Beegerply

I'm in and who do I give my cigars to. :lmao: I  guessed at all of them. I'm under beegerply
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.