Reddit bans the sale or trade of tobacco (and a bunch of other s**t)

Started by Kid Montana, 03/21/2018 03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Montana

Basically, trades, bombs, buy/sell are all forbidden on reddit.com, along with similar beer and liquor swaps/trades/etc.  
https://www.reddit.com/r/announcements/comments/863xcj/new_addition_to_sitewide_rules_regarding_the_use/?st=jf1io3oo&sh=13a4c069

Obviously Reddit is a self interested company and certainly not a beacon of internet freedoms, but this seems additionally s**tty.

I'd rather have a cigar...

BewareDaPenguin

I think there's a lot of discussion between "privately owned" companies like many of these sites are, and there comparisons to "public utilities" which can't refuse service to anyone for various reasons, it's def a hot topic of debate. But some of the censorship's and the like are getting a little out of hand the Internet has always been a censorship free zone but it seems like the walls are closing in
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

updog357

The new TOS really hampers the culture that we developed on Reddit. A lot of us have setup shop on MeWe - https://mewe.com/join/rcigars_trading_post - and are trying to figure out how we want to proceed as a community.

toby2

yes yes. the platforms that preach tolerance and the like really only mean it when it's something they agree with. YouTube just decided to ban even more ideas they don't like.  :angry:

MusicCity

I expect to see a lot more traffic on "legacy" platforms like CG, OLH, etc. due to this.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Kid Montana

QuoteCfickter - 3/23/2018  4:35 AM

:bump:

Is Chuck bored this morning?

I'd rather have a cigar...

bstessl

QuoteKid Montana - 3/23/2018  10:42 AM  
QuoteCfickter - 3/23/2018  4:35 AM  :bump:

Just had to bump because of the Spam I'm sure.  

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Deener27

QuoteCfickter - 3/23/2018  4:35 AM

:bump:

Nah.  The snarkmonster just gets really active this time of year.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Deener27

Quotebstessl - 3/23/2018  11:02 AM

QuoteCfickter - 3/23/2018  4:35 AM  :bump:

Just had to bump because of the Spam I'm sure.  

That is it.  I mean, it's not like we have lost track of at least a dozen good threads in the last 2 weeks.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.