St. Baldricks 2018 **Winner Announced**

Started by bstessl, 03/28/2018 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bstessl

Hey Geeks!  It's that time of year again!  This is my 8th year raising money for St. Baldricks, and my 4th year with CG.  For those that don't know me, I have no problem making myself look ridiculous to raise money for a good cause.   I grow an impressive afro for a white guy in a years time.  I only cut my hair once a year, and that's for this!  I also like to have fun with it and color it a couple weeks before the event, In the past I would have whoever donated the highest amount by X date would choose the color, but this year I'm changing it up.  One of the regulars at a B&M I frequent has a great-nephew with cancer.  He is only 16 months old.  He probably doesn't have a favorite color yet, but somehow we are going to get him to pick the color this year. 

St. Baldricks is an organization that raises money to find cures and treatments for childhood cancer.  Their funds cannot be used for embryonic stem cell research.  Of every dollar raised, 72% funds research to find a cure, 25% goes to fundraising (website, phones, postage, printing, t-shirts, office space, staff, etc.) and 3% goes to administration (accounting, distributing and monitoring grants, etc.). 

Even though I'm changing the color rules, I am still having a contest for anyone who donates!  So, simple rules...  You donate, you are entered for a chance to win a prize from me.  The winner will be chosen by random number generator.

Every donation helps, even a dollar.  Here is the link for my page...

https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/960099/2018

So please donate for the kids, and maybe even win some cigars!

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

bstessl

Here is a link to the thread from 2014 with an example of my hair colored...

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=27921.0

StogieDad

Do you have a link or anything brother?  I will be glad to participate.  Great cause!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Brother, you know I am in again
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bstessl

QuoteStogieDad - 3/28/2018  10:24 AM  Do you have a link or anything brother?  I will be glad to participate.  Great cause!

Gee, that would probably help... DOH!

https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/960099/2018

bstessl

ninfiction

Done. Good luck hitting your goal Brian!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Kid Montana

The Ladies Auxiliary are proud to support this charity.   With their permission, I've executed a donation in their name.

I'd rather have a cigar...

toby2

i dropped a penny in the bucket. congrats on your new knighthood!

05Venturer

Been waiting for this bud.
I'm headed to your page(now that there is a link to it LOL) now.
Thanks again for doing this for a great cause Brian  :rocker:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

bstessl

QuoteKid Montana - 3/30/2018  11:09 AM  The Ladies Auxiliary are proud to support this charity.   With their permission, I've executed a donation in their name.

I was wondering who that was... That made me laugh quite a bit!

Thank you very much to everyone who has donated so far!!

bstessl

Deener27

Done and done.

Great thing you are doing here again this year.

If you have not donated yet, make sure to get in on this worthy cause.  Let's exceed this goal!

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Cfickter

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Brlesq

Contributed.  Good cause
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

bstessl

:bump: Less than two weeks left to get donations in for the contest!

nirab

Donation is in. Thanks for doing this Brian...you ROCK!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

bstessl

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Cfickter

:bump: Come boys and girls, lets get him to the $1000 point!
A couple of great cigar contests along going on to support this.

bstessl

Up to $930 so far.  4 more days to get your donations in!  Contest ends at noon Central on Saturday

bstessl

bstessl

My contest ends at noon Central tomorrow (Saturday). Get those last minute donations in!

Kid Montana

C'mon everybody, go ahead and donate.  You'd bomb a buddy with a 5er, basically $50, so why not donate the same to a great cause?

I'd rather have a cigar...

bstessl

Any donation gets you in the pool for two contests!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.