Quartermasters Cigar Lounge, Frederick MD

Started by ricoishere, 04/25/2018 12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricoishere

For several years I've been visiting Davidus Cigars in Montgomery County, MD (Shady Grove or Rockville Pike). I respect their policy that you have to buy their sticks, and then proceed to the smoking lounge. However, at 9:00PM, lights out. Another lounge (Drapers) in Bethesda stays open past 11:00. One still has to buy their cigars.  However, Bethesda does not allow BYOB. Word is a fight broke out in the lounge, and alcohol was involved... So the entire city banned BYOB. Ugghhh...

However, having several very well stocked humidors, i don't want to pay every time I go to a lounge. My average cigar is at least 18 months old, so I guess I'm pretty spoiled... Additionally, all Davidus Lounges close at 9:00PM; hell, that's when I want to smoke and drink.

I joined Quartermasters this January, and paid for 3 month membership ($22.99/month after Veterans Discount). I just renewed, and glad I did. Members get after-hours access with a separate entrance. In 2 visits, it pays for itself when compared to Davidus.

There's plenty of seating room, 5 big screens, massive card table, several upright tables, grill for members, and several other perks. My reason for joining was not having to buy cigars, and not getting kicked out at 9:00PM. The owner is also pretty cool. As an added plus, it's adjacent to a brewery, and there's a decent restaurant 50 feet away. So I can get stuffed, buy a few pints, then walk into the lounge and light up. Or, since I have a well stocked bar, bring my own bottle.

My only recommendations would be
1) Improve the air cleaners/smoke extractors (especially for the winter)
2) Increase the size of the humidor so he could have a better selection
3) Add more seating areas; the space is so big, 2-3 seating areas could be added, and it would not make an impact on floor space.

I recommend any one traveling through that area to go check it out.

https://quartermasterscigars.com/
I got way too many cigars, too much booze, not many friends. Life is GRAND.
-Rico

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." -George Burns

My humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=ricoishere

Cfickter

Nice write up, sounds like a great place
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ricoishere

It's pretty decent. It could be a really cool place with improved aor purofiers and smoke extraction.
I got way too many cigars, too much booze, not many friends. Life is GRAND.
-Rico

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." -George Burns

My humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=ricoishere

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.