Mayo Bombed!

Started by DonM, 03/28/2010 09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonM

Yes, the bombing continues, morale is definitely improving!   Corey is at it this time, and a very generous bomb it was.  I am seizing the moment and hitting one of these today, going to a BBQ with my daughter.   Thanks Corey, very much appreciated!.  I see a retaliatory strike going out soon!

"The Curmudgeon"

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

akira

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

mountedshriner

Way to go Corey and a deserving recipient as well!! :cool:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

nwb

Wow, nice one Corey!

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Beegerply

Well done, well done  :dancing:  :dancing:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Dave S.

"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

DocJazzRH

Truly beautiful     :cool:
Rich ()=iii=<

Delusions of grandeur make me feel a lot better about myself .. J. Wagner

At least a bad conscience can make life interesting -- Kierkegaard

cmmayo

You are certainly welcome! Enjoy!   :cigarman:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Jackal

Good one Corey  :thumbsup:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

DennisA

Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

Hot Stuff x

Some good looking sticks there...is that an RP Royal Order in the center?  Only one I couldn't recognize (or as my girlfriend says, "naked-nize").

Glad to see you brothers paying it forward.  Nice hit, Corey!

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

DonM

QuoteHot Stuff x - 3/29/2010  7:01 AM

Some good looking sticks there...is that an RP Royal Order in the center?  Only one I couldn't recognize (or as my girlfriend says, "naked-nize").

Good eyes Les, a RP Royal Vintage Toro, never had one so U am looking forward to it!

"The Curmudgeon"

lowpro75

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Hound10

Nicely done Corey
"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics"

87North

Very Pretty stuff there...and good work done... :thumbsup:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

cmmayo

QuoteDonM - 3/29/2010  6:06 AM

QuoteHot Stuff x - 3/29/2010  7:01 AM

Good eyes Les, a RP Royal Vintage Toro, never had one so U am looking forward to it!

I was really pleased with the Royal Vintage--I think it started as a Cigar.com exclusive, but now you can get them at CI & CigarBid (pretty sure Cigar.com/CI/CigarBid are all the same company). How is the Royal Order...from Holt's? Only one review in our db--by DocJazzRH--and it was pretty low...
Man, there are some really bad RP Exclusives out there, like the GOLD from Thompson's.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Hot Stuff x

How about the RP Ocean Club from Holts?   "Earth and leather, with hints of anchovy..."
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

mountedshriner

QuoteHot Stuff x - 3/29/2010  3:40 PM

How about the RP Ocean Club from Holts?   "Earth and leather, with hints of anchovy..."
:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Jackal

I think that we are often a bit quick to put down Rocky Patel here.  His main product lines are solid, consistent smokes.  They are not super premiums, but they are decent.

I look at them as if they were like Miller Beer.  It is a solid product.  It sure isn't a Belgian Trapist Ale and it is not a glass of scotch, but for what it is, it is good.

Yes Rocky has made some crappy exclusive brands, but so have Don Pepin, Alec Bradley, Nestor Plasencia and others in the industry.

Personally, I wouldn't turn down an RP Edge, Edge Lite, Edge Maduro, any of the OWRs, or any of the vintage series.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

nwb

QuoteJackal - 3/29/2010  7:11 PM

Personally, I wouldn't turn down an RP Edge, Edge Lite, Edge Maduro, any of the OWRs, or any of the vintage series.

:word:

Add the Decades, though  :shy:

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Olejay

Well played sir! :bigthumbs:
Jay  

Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics - Fletcher Knebel

DonM

QuoteJackal - 3/29/2010  7:11 PM

I think that we are often a bit quick to put down Rocky Patel here.  His main product lines are solid, consistent smokes.  They are not super premiums, but they are decent.

I look at them as if they were like Miller Beer.  It is a solid product.  It sure isn't a Belgian Trapist Ale and it is not a glass of scotch, but for what it is, it is good.

Yes Rocky has made some crappy exclusive brands, but so have Don Pepin, Alec Bradley, Nestor Plasencia and others in the industry.

I don't disagree with you, I have had a few I liked as with the ones listed above.  The Patel Bro's I had recently was pretty good as well.   You are correct in that some of his exclusive brands that I have tried were pretty sorry.  I had some bad luck with a couple of spring collections as well.  I will stick to his higher end stuff when I do partake of any of his lines

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.