Making your own spills

Started by Cfickter, 05/17/2018 09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nathanw13

Really interesting. I think my dad has something similar - I may have to hit him up next time I visit. I wonder what wood would make the best spills? Cedar? Pine? I know I've heard that a spill will influence your cigar flavor, but I can't imagine that it'd be a lasting influence. Not more than the first few draws.
Our country has plenty of five-cent cigars, but the trouble is they charge fifteen cents for them.

Will Rogers

StogieDad

Quotenathanw13 - 5/17/2018  1:15 PM

Really interesting. I think my dad has something similar - I may have to hit him up next time I visit. I wonder what wood would make the best spills? Cedar? Pine? I know I've heard that a spill will influence your cigar flavor, but I can't imagine that it'd be a lasting influence. Not more than the first few draws.

I've ordered spills for CG before and I do like to light with them, but it is almost more the experience than flavor.  You may pick up a bit of cedar in the beginning, but you are right, it is not lasting.  But they give a good even, gentle light and you look cool.....:biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

bstessl

I just break the cedar sheets from boxes and use them...  but this does look cool
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

c9belayer

I just added this to my Lee Valley wishlist!
-- c9belayer

klamm143

Neat tool..........might add to the "one day - maybe" list.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

benchjockey

Quotebstessl - 5/17/2018  6:52 PM  I just break the cedar sheets from boxes and use them...  but this does look cool

This is an option that is available to most of us.

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.