Dusted off the gear, ready to go for a good cause!

Started by gitfiddl, 05/19/2018 07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

Those of y'all who remember me know I'm a musician.  My last band folded back in October, and I've been enjoying musical retirement more than I'd imagined I would.  After 10-15 years of steady weekend gigging and rehearsals when there wasn't a gig, having weekends off is really cool.

A couple months ago, a friend asked me (not knowing I know longer had a band) if I could play a benefit gig for K9s For Warriors outdoors at the local American Legion hall.  The original plan was four or five bands throughout the day (10am-10pm).  I told her that although I couldn't contribute as a band, I'd be happy to provide the PA system for the day, so it would be be easier on the bands changing over, provide music and have a way to make announcements before and in between the entertainment, etc. It was hard find enough bands, so the event got shortened to 12-9pm.  My son and I went through the gear last night, made sure everything still works, and are about to load up and head out (the hall is 5 minutes away from the house).  And, yes, I'm taking cigars, a couple cobs, and some tobacco...    :biggrin:

Happy Saturday!
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

jagfandaddy

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Cap10_Morgan

Very nice!  Things like this make it so much easier to organize events like this, and hopefully encourage people to do it more often.  I was at Boots on the Ground last weekend and had a blast.  Hope you do the same.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

gitfiddl

My end of things went well.  I'd still be there, but the last band, unbeknownst to me, was a keyboard-based band and preferred to use their own gear.  So  I kept my PA running break music while they set up, then packed up my gear and called it a day.  10am to 6pm outdoors is a long enough day for me.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gitfiddl

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.