One of my new favorite pipes

Started by gitfiddl, 05/20/2018 05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

Although I've got plenty of good to great briars, I like I've said before, I have become a big cob fan.  So much of a cob fan that I ponied up the $50 for the MM 2018 Limited Edition Reverse Calabash.  Twice in fact.  I've got this one and the darker version with a black bit.  These are incredible smokers, nice cool and dry.  Basically, it's a cut-down General bowl, with a Marcus bowl turned into the shank.  The bit, or stem, is glued into a hardwood plug that then fits into the shank.  Pretty cool, I think.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

toby2

nice. my first pipe was a cob. don't know what happened to it. i bought it at a drug store with some cherry stuff in 90ish.

05Venturer

Awesome lookin Cob brother!!!!
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

gitfiddl

Quotetoby2 - 5/20/2018  6:44 PM

nice. my first pipe was a cob. don't know what happened to it. i bought it at a drug store with some cherry stuff in 90ish.

My Dad used to buy me mini cobs at Edward's Pipe every time we'd go there when I was a kid.  I thought all cobs were toys or novelties at best until the last few years.  I know own more cobs than I do briars and I really enjoy them more.  

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

junglepete

Looks great Dave...I would love to smoke a few bowls now and then. Have a couple of pipes but just cant seem to smoke them  without relighting them all the time. I tried packing them just right so many times and tried different moisture levels too. I just want it to burn like a cigar, but no luck and I gave up because it was more frustration than I needed for a relaxing smoke.  :confused:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Hot Stuff x

" I gave up because it was more frustration than I needed for a relaxing smoke"

I did that too, but recently started back up. I've decided it's good if you want something to fiddle with while you smoke.  It's like whittling.  It's not just a smoke, it's something to keep you busy.  I imagine that's a benefit for some people.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.