The ABCs of Cigar Smoking

Started by gitfiddl, 05/26/2018 12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'The ABCs of Cigar Smoking'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gitfiddl

Yeah, yeah, I know my last attempt to start a pass got derailed on my end, but let's try again.  Here's the low-down on this one:

The rules are simple.  The name of the cigar (or blender's name) must contain a word that starts with a capital A, B, or C.  For instance, anything by Arturo Fuente would qualify, so would a Bolivar, but a Pepin Garcia corona or belicoso wouldn't.  Got it?  See?  Ain't that easy?  General pass etiquette applies.  Unfortunately, I need to limit this to US residents/addresses and to Geeks with at least veteran status (unless you can have a Geek vouch for you).  

I'll get the list of cigars together this weekend and hopefully we'll get this started by the end of next weekend.  At the end of the pass, I'll pull a name from the participants and they'll get a bonus surprise!  

Let's have some fun!

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

DonM

So what happened to D through Z Dave? :confused: WTF?

:biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

DonM

OK Dave, I am in.  My cigars will be with home made bands marked A,B,C

:biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

Cfickter

Thanks David for letting me play
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cap10_Morgan

Suuure... why the hell not.  Make it 3 people in Jacksonville playing along in this pass.  Should make for faster/easier shipping, lol.  Thanks for the invite.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

DonM

Aside from Chuck, it is a FL pass so far!

"The Curmudgeon"

gitfiddl

QuoteCfickter - 5/28/2018  3:42 PM

Thanks David for letting me play

You're always welcome, Chuck!

gitfiddl

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 5/28/2018  6:16 PM

Suuure... why the hell not.  Make it 3 people in Jacksonville playing along in this pass.  Should make for faster/easier shipping, lol.  Thanks for the invite.

I figured we could all meet up when the turns come up.

Cap10_Morgan

Quotegitfiddl - 5/29/2018  7:39 AM  
QuoteCap10_Morgan - 5/28/2018  6:16 PM  Suuure… why the hell not.  Make it 3 people in Jacksonville playing along in this pass.  Should make for faster/easier shipping, lol.  Thanks for the invite.
I figured we could all meet up when the turns come up.

Was going to suggest the same thing.  Hank and I did the same thing for another pass and not only did it save shipping, but it was a nice excuse to get out and be social.  Look forward to it.

"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

gitfiddl

Got the bulk of the starter cigars up and listed.  I might add or swap a couple before everything is finalized, but that's an idea of what were playing with.  There's still room for a couple more participants.  I want to get this rolling over the weekend.

junglepete

I'm not a big fan of passes in general, but if I were around I would join in on this one just because it's Daves pass and it seems like he is making an effort to come back from the dead  :biggrin: ...however, by the middle of June I will be moving to Oklahoma City from Florida and will be in Canada the first two weeks of June. If you want to add me to the end of the list, I figure I could respond by the 23rd of June. If that does not work, then my thoughts are with you Dave, have a great pass!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

gitfiddl

Quotejunglepete - 5/29/2018  8:53 PM

I'm not a big fan of passes in general, but if I were around I would join in on this one just because it's Daves pass and it seems like he is making an effort to come back from the dead  :biggrin: ...however, by the middle of June I will be moving to Oklahoma City from Florida and will be in Canada the first two weeks of June. If you want to add me to the end of the list, I figure I could respond by the 23rd of June. If that does not work, then my thoughts are with you Dave, have a great pass!

We'll see how it plays out, Pete.  I'd love to have you in if possible, and good luck with the move!

shakinghorizons

Thanks for the invite, going to have to sit this one out unfortunately.

gitfiddl

Quoteshakinghorizons - 5/30/2018  6:45 PM

Thanks for the invite, going to have to sit this one out unfortunately.

No worries, Brother.

Silverstix

Hey Dave thanks for the invite but I'm gonna have to pass on this one, pun intended

On another note - this made me realize that I really don't have many Fuente, AVO, or CAO's....gonna have to change that!

gitfiddl

QuoteSilverstix - 5/31/2018  10:01 AM

Hey Dave thanks for the invite but I'm gonna have to pass on this one, pun intended

On another note - this made me realize that I really don't have many Fuente, AVO, or CAO's....gonna have to change that!

No worries, and you're welcome for the reminder!   :shades:

gitfiddl

This one is still open for a couple more players.  

toby2

thx for thinking of me. i just haven't been into passes for a bit. hope it goes well for everyone! 

gitfiddl

Quotetoby2 - 6/3/2018  1:03 PM

thx for thinking of me. i just haven't been into passes for a bit. hope it goes well for everyone! 

No worries.  I'm gonna fire up a bowl of that Frog later this afternoon!

Gustoff

I've been out of the loop for a bit. But you can add me in this one, I've been idle too long!
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

gitfiddl

QuoteGustoff - 6/3/2018  2:36 PM

I've been out of the loop for a bit. But you can add me in this one, I've been idle too long!

Good deal, and thanks for playing!

gitfiddl

I'll get the order sorted this weekend and get this one airborne the first of the week.

gitfiddl

Okay folks!  It's been  a whirlwind of poopoo kaka around the Casa del Dave this week.  Computer and internet woes, puppy issues, and work has been insane.  But I'm going to map this this one out and get it going!  Any travel issues or anything, let me know.

Cfickter

No issues on my end, let's do it!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.