A Little Hitch in my Giddy Up

Started by DonM, 07/21/2018 08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonM

Greetings Gents!  So I am on Day 8 of 21 days on crutches, and they suck.  I had arthroscopic surgery on my hip for a torn labrum and per Doc, no weight on it for 21 days.  The hip is feeling fine now and only had minor pain for the first 4 to 5 days so that hasn't been too bad.  My Bride has been awesome.  She sets a flask and a cooler with beer in the garage for a cigar while she is off at the pool, how cool is that?

Looking forward to the day I get off these crutches and start walking again!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

"The Curmudgeon"

05Venturer

Hope you have a quick recovery brother. And it sounds like you have quite the wife there.
Now no excuses for not being on the herfs for awhile LOL
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

Always knew that you were a "crutchedy" old man!  

Good thoughts heading your way for a speedy recovery Don.  Like Kent said, no reason for you to miss the herfs now!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ntanner

Hope you have a quick and pain free recovery assisted by the consumption of much alcohol and the smoking of many cigars
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cap10_Morgan

Question is... will she continue to do so once you're off the crutches?  lol.  Enjoy the smokes and drinks and good luck on a speedy recovery!
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cfickter

She's a keeper!  Get well soon
Gotta be tough seeing the bike sit for all that time
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

DonM

QuoteCfickter - 7/21/2018  2:32 PM

She's a keeper!  Get well soon
Gotta be tough seeing the bike sit for all that time

You aren't kidding!  In the garage doing the Camacho Liberty 2018 review with the bike right behind me begging to be ridden.  Once I get off these crutches, I plan on removing the tour pack and the lower fairings to lighten it up a bit.  This pig is heavy @ about 900 pounds.  It will look more like a Street Glide when I am done.

As for herfs, it is a bit of a challenge to drag all my shyt to the screened porch on crutches.  Will try to get on tonight, have wifey drag the necessities needed.  She has been a lot of help through this and has never complained about helping me out

"The Curmudgeon"

Chefjohn

My thoughts for a speedy recovery Don. Sound as thought your wife is taking good care of you.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

toby2

get well soon! surgery is so awful!

klamm143

GET WELL......TAKE CARE.........Here's to a smokey recovery!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

MusicCity

How'd you tear it? Leg press?

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

DonM

QuoteMusicCity - 7/22/2018  1:37 PM

How'd you tear it? Leg press?

No per Doc wear and tear  extended range of motion compared to other people and contacted a bone in the hip.  The hip bone got smoothed out during the procedure

"The Curmudgeon"

Deener27

Great to hear things are going well.  I know the last time we talked, it was causing you a ton of pain.

Hope you heal fast!

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.