This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by nirab (Brian

The Cigar: K.A. Kendall 7-20-4 Classic Lancero Maduro (7.5 x 38

The Specs: 

Country Manufactured: HONDURAS
Wrapper: Mexico 
Filler: NIC/HON/MEX/COL
Binder: COSTA RICA

The Hype: 

The original flagship 7-20-4 cigar line was Kurt's first entry into the premium cigar marketplace, and remains a classic today. The blend was created following the acquisition of the defunct 7-20-4 trademark, and was designed as an homage to the iconic New Hampshire cigar factory of days gone by. Paying tribute to the past while showing off cutting-edge use of a variety of unique tobaccos, the 7-20-4 blend starts off with wish a lush Brazilian Mata Fina Maduro wrapper. This exquisite leaf encases a Costa Rican binder and a complex long-filler blend comprised of tobaccos from four different countries - Nicaragua, Honduras, Colombia, and Mexico.

These premium boutique cigars are hand crafted in small batches in Honduras. Once they've properly aged and made their way into your humidor, you'll find a delicious flavor profile upon lighting up. Staying firmly in the medium-full bodied range, 7-20-4 cigars deliver rich and complex flavors designed to delight the senses of true cigar lovers.

Due Date: September 25th., 2018 

The Reviewers: 

Veteran or plus status. Must not have done a Geek Critique review in July, August or September. Must be an active member. 

US Address Only

1. Mautrak (Jeremy)

2. DonM (Don)

3. Murphy223 (Steve)

4. junglepete (Pete)

5. Kid Montana (Daniel)

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place. 

Thanks again to Brian for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

nirab

Thanks Pete!

Looking forward to seeing what y'all think of this cigar.  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Mautrak

It sounds interesting, and my last critique was in June.  If you'll have me, I'd be happy to be in.

nirab

QuoteMautrak - 9/3/2018  8:14 PM

It sounds interesting, and my last critique was in June.  If you'll have me, I'd be happy to be in.

Count yourself in!  :-)  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

DonM

Brian, If you need to, use me as an alternate only.  I did the July review as well as the Camacho Liberty review.  I am sure there are a few out there that are due a Geek Critique!

"The Curmudgeon"

05Venturer

I can't believe this isn't filling up.
 I just did the Aug GC but would gladly fill in here if nobody steps up.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Kid Montana

I'll help out, its been a while since I've tried a 7-20-4, probably 3+ years.  Edit: oh, I did a critique in July.  Add me to the backup list.

I'd rather have a cigar...

junglepete

I have not done a critique in July, August or September so I'll throw my name in there.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

shakinghorizons

I greatly enjoy the 7-20-4 spider, but can't for the life of me find more than a few reviews for the stick posted.

If it's not a pepper bomb, add me to the list.

junglepete

Quoteshakinghorizons - 9/4/2018  8:25 PM

I greatly enjoy the 7-20-4 spider, but can't for the life of me find more than a few reviews for the stick posted.

I think you did one for August?
Guru of Frugality

shakinghorizons

Quotejunglepete - 9/4/2018  9:25 PM

Quoteshakinghorizons - 9/4/2018  8:25 PM

I think you did one for August?

You are correct sir, my apologies.

nirab

If we don't get enough geeks to sign up, lets include folks who have done recent reviews...I gotta get these out asap!!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

appollo

Mautrak

Quotenirab - 9/5/2018  8:10 PM

If we don't get enough geeks to sign up, lets include folks who have done recent reviews...I gotta get these out asap!!

It's okay, Brian.  Just send me three of them, and I'll review each one!

Murphy223

I'm still considered a Newbie but I'd be interested if no one else joins

junglepete

Steve, (Murphy223) you're in on this one with the agreement that you read this link and confirm your participation:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=42
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

Don and Daniel and myself will fill out this critique based on the the date of our last critiques of July, July, and June respectively.
Guru of Frugality

Murphy223

Quotejunglepete - 9/6/2018  11:27 PM  Steve, (Murphy223) you're in on this one with the agreement that you read this link and confirm your participation:  http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=42

Read and confirming. Looking forward to the opportunity. 

Kid Montana

Right on, I made the list!  My info is correct so I'll look for the shipment.

I'd rather have a cigar...

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

nirab

Shipping out this week. Is everyone's addresses accurate here?

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

junglepete

My address is correct. Looking forward to this review. Thanks for Sponsoring this one Brian!
Guru of Frugality

Murphy223

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

Mautrak

Quotenirab - 9/9/2018  3:57 PM

Shipping out this week. Is everyone's addresses accurate here?

I sent my address to you via PM.  I'm ready and waiting.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.