Wham!!!!!! And he's out!!!

Started by PETE314, 09/30/2018 08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PETE314

This is a little late in coming... We didn't check our mail right away... But when we did...I got a very unexpected surprise.  A tremendous shout out to shakinghorizons and headfirst!!!! 

Due to recent medival expenses...I have been on a buying freeze...but I was interested in some A.Flores sticks headfirst was selling.  It's alright...if I miss them...as a long time Cigar man...I know they will come around again somewhere .somehow.  So I just mentioned that if he still had the sticks next month...I would be interested...

Little did I know....there was a conspiracy going on...lol...shakinghorizons went and purchased those lovely sticks and had them sent to me... headfirst then went and added a few more!!!...I am a huge La Aroma de Cuba fan...and an even bigger pimp for Arturo Fuente...the Flor Finas are wonderful.  Not to mention a slightly bigger A. Flores...lol. Colin and Gary just knocked it out of the park.

Guys I REALLY appreciate you doing this...what a great reminder of what a first class group of people we have hear...it means very much to me.  Just know that I have a bad habit of reciprocating in kind...lol

On a side note..I am progressing very well from the surgery.(beginning of May)  It is never as fast as I would like.  They really cut me open...no laproscopy this time...so my issue at the moment is neurpathic pain...they cut through a bunch of nerves...and it is going to take a while for it to improve...months maybe years....But here is the real good news...we scanned this week instead of December...we thought we might see something that would be causing the pain...while we did not see anything in that light....there was also something else we could not see....cancer....my scans are CLEAR!!!!  My blood clot is also gone...so I can have a beer again!!!!

Cigars...no cancer...I can have a beer again....Life is good!!!  Thank you so much for the sticks guys...they will be disposed of in the most honorable of fashions...lol

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

shakinghorizons

Enjoy sir, it's the least I could do with the medical issues you've had! Next time be careful what you post in a FS thread, lmao.

ninfiction

Great news Pete, congratulations!

And very nice gesture by Colin and Gary
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Mautrak

klamm143

Sweet........................Way to go fellas.  Great news from you PETE.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

RussandRach2018

Congratulations man. Prayers for your continued health and healing.

Chefjohn

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

appollo

Great news Pete.WEll done gents.

CarlosoftHUN

Great news, Pete!! Keep healing!
Cigars - What else?

"The light ones may be killers, the dark ones mild; not the wrappers but the fillers, make cigars or women wild." -Keith Preston

Vroomp

Great news and good job guys~~! :bigthumbs:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

headfirst

All Colin's idea Pete, just couldn't resist poking around your profile to see what else you might like.  Hope the nerve pain subsides soon.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Murphy223

Amazing group of Geeks... Glad you're doing better

Cfickter

Well done guys. Pete, great to hear the good news about your health improving
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

PETE314

Quoteheadfirst - 10/1/2018  12:04 PM  All Colin’s idea Pete, just couldn’t resist poking around your profile to see what else you might like.  Hope the nerve pain subsides soon.

Well you have me nailed down pretty good....LOL!!!!

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

shakinghorizons

Quoteheadfirst - 10/1/2018  7:04 AM

All Colin's idea Pete, just couldn't resist poking around your profile to see what else you might like.  Hope the nerve pain subsides soon.

Now that's just not fair!

biggsy16

A great gesture, well done
Never done being a Dad

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

PETE314

Quoteshakinghorizons - 10/1/2018  3:50 PM  
Quoteheadfirst - 10/1/2018  7:04 AM  All Colin’s idea Pete, just couldn’t resist poking around your profile to see what else you might like.  Hope the nerve pain subsides soon.
Now that's just not fair!  

What???? You mean I'm NOT allowed to have my nerve pain subside???

johncw

Adwinistrator

Glad to hear all the medical issues ended with some good news.  While not as serious, my girlfriend is dealing with the nerve issues from a recent neck surgery she had, it's rough when you can't really do anything about that, cause the pain is the healing.

On a side note, how do y'all work out sending bombs?  Is there an address list somewhere?  I haven't noticed where to see it when viewing someone else's profile.

headfirst

Members can put their address in their profile, some do and some don't.  I think those addresses are only viewable by members with a certain amount of rank or something to protect that info a little bit.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Silverstix

Quoteheadfirst - 10/5/2018  9:55 AM  Members can put their address in their profile, some do and some don’t.  I think those addresses are only viewable by members with a certain amount of rank or something to protect that info a little bit.

That's a good point about the address being visible - I keep mine private mainly because of all of the spammers that we see on here. If they can get in and spam, then I don't want them seeing my address

And I DEFINITELY don't want Gary seeing my address  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :smoker2:  

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.