Question On RH Variances in Newair

Started by Chefjohn, 11/05/2018 12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chefjohn

I have a question for the wineador experts here. I have a Newair CC300. I have 3 calibrated hygrometers in it. I am using Heartfelt 65% tubes all of which are dry. I have 2 on the shelf above the drawers and 2 on the top shelf. My top hygrometer is reading 66%, the middle is reading 68% and the bottom one which is on the front of the bottom drawer is reading 62%. I recently put an Oust fan on the second from top shelf pointing down. Before putting the fan in the bottom hygrometer was giving me readings of 64-65%. I was thinking of taking one of the Heartfelt tubes, wetting half of the beads and putting it on the bottom under the drawers. Do any of you have any input or other recommendations? Should I remove the fan?
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

ntanner

Do you cycle the fan or does it run continuously? It should only come on for a few minutes every couple of hours and not run all the time.
 Also, the lower RH at the bottom is better for long term storage. I have some variance from top to bottom in mine so I do my long term storage in the bottom and use the upper areas for my regular smokes.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Chefjohn

Yeah the fan cycles on for a few minutes every 15 minutes. I was primarily concerned with the bottom RH going that low. I like it to be around 65%. I wound up putting a small container of DW on the bottom and as of this morning the bottom RH is reading 65%, the middle 69%, and the top 67%. I assume the Hearfelt tubes take a bit of time to even out the temps. Thanks Neal
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.