2019 Birthday Bomb Exchange - DONE

Started by headfirst, 12/15/2018 03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headfirst

:happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:

Welcome to the fourth annual Birthday Bomb Exchange!  This will be a year long exchange to give all you generous geeks another excuse to nail another geek with a killer bomb for their birthday.

Who can participate:

If your name is here you're invited to the year long birthday party, if not, enjoy the show and there's always next year.

05Venturer
Adwinistrator
appollo
bstessl
Cfickter
Deener27
headfirst
jharrisx5
johncw
junglepete
Murphy223
MusicCity
ninfiction
nirab
shakinghorizons
Silverstix
Stogiedad

What needs to be in the bomb:

Cigars of course! The bomb should have a minimum total value of $25 as customarily determined around these parts (CI box prices, etc), should contain at least 2 cigars, and each cigar should have at least a 3.5 star rating (so no pineapple white owls...unless it's a gag that is thrown in over and above the $25 bomb). There's no minimum or maximum value on each cigar, just make sure they're not dog rockets. There are no upper limits on the bomb value or size, spank that birthday boy as hard as you want! You may want to designate a particular birthday cigar similar to the new year smoke in the secret santa exchange, but it's not required. If you want to include something other than cigars in your bomb you're welcome to do so, just please meet the $25 value in cigars first and foremost.

When will it start:

January 1, 2019

When will it end:

December 31, 2019

Anything Else?:

Yes. Please make sure to leave feedback for your bday bomber and please make sure to post a picture of your opened gift on this thread so all of us sitting at the birthday party table can be wondering why it can't be OUR birthday.

Also, on the subject of feedback I should mention that last year we had our first party pooper in all the time I've run this.  Based on that experience, I think it's only fair that I warn you.  If you fail to bomb your target (I'm not talking about being a little late, I'm talking not sending it at all/ignoring communication type of behavior), you will receive negative feedback from the party host.  I will generally remind everyone a few weeks ahead of time that their target is coming up.

Alright, enough of the unpleasantries, geeks, let's keep making birthdays great again!

:happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nirab

Sorry for the delay...busy busy busy! Murphy hit me with a top notch birthday bomb! Thanks brother!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Deener27

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

appollo

Off to a great start.Well done :thumbsup:

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

A great birthday bomb from the King of the Smurfs, looking forward to trying all of them

bd 

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Deener27

QuoteCfickter - 1/19/2019  12:21 PM

A great birthday bomb from the King of the Smurfs, looking forward to trying all of them

bd 

Nice hit there!

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

jharrisx5

Unfortunately not from me....damn nice smokes though
Puff Puff Give....

headfirst

Ha ha, whoops!  If this was indeed a birthday bomb then that'd be johncw...
-Charles Spurgeon

appollo

Have a great day Chuck.Well done on the birthday bomb John. :thumbsup:

Cfickter

Quotejharrisx5 - 1/19/2019  3:31 PM  Unfortunately not from me....damn nice smokes though

Well don't I suck!  I saw it was from John and made an obvious bad guess
Apologies out to johncw, but thanks for this awesome selection 

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

05Venturer

Quoteheadfirst - 1/19/2019  3:29 PM

Ha ha, whoops!  If this was indeed a birthday bomb then that'd be johncw...
Jason / John   62/63  Another year  :lmao:  :happybday:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

LOL to funny. No worries. Have a Happy Birthday!!!!

Silverstix

Hey gang,

I received my birthday bomb in the mail over the weekend from bstessl - I just didn't have a chance to take a pic and post up but I did want to acknowledge it and thank him for giving me some great cigars.  The star of the bomb is a 10+ year old Punch Double Corona which will be calling my name until the first nice spring day we have.

I'm on the road traveling for work the next couple days but I will get a picture posted up as soon as I get back.

bstessl

Glad they arrived ok!  Sorry it was late!  The Punch is from 2002
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Silverstix

Finally back in the office today.  As promised, here is a pic of the bomb that BSTESSL sent me.  Can't wait for a nice spring day to smoke that Punch DC

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

headfirst

Dang, that was worth the wait Tom!
-Charles Spurgeon

sar127

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

headfirst

All,

There is one geek that has been completely unresponsive since asking to join this pass, not even reading the PM I sent back in December on who he is supposed to hit.  I've warned him with multiple emails to show some responsiveness or get kicked out and he hasn't replied to any of those either.

In general I don't like participating in this pass to avoid any perceptions of rigging it to favor me as I do custom pick who hits who each year.  That said, I've decided in this instance to step into his spot since his victim's birthday is eminent and it keeps everything else the same save one other bomber's target and date.  It shouldn't raise any questions about equity as I'm hitting who he was going to hit and the person that was going to hit him will hit me instead.

Thanks.
-Charles Spurgeon

Silverstix

That's unfortunate Gary.  Thanks for stepping in and stepping up

appollo

Nice job keeping on top of things Gary and for stepping up to keep it going. :thumbsup:

Cfickter

Quoteheadfirst - 3/6/2019  9:43 AM  All,  There is one geek that has been completely unresponsive since asking to join this pass, not even reading the PM I sent back in December on who he is supposed to hit.  I've warned him with multiple emails to show some responsiveness or get kicked out and he hasn't replied to any of those either.  In general I don't like participating in this pass to avoid any perceptions of rigging it to favor me as I do custom pick who hits who each year.  That said, I've decided in this instance to step into his spot since his victim's birthday is eminent and it keeps everything else the same save one other bomber's target and date.  It shouldn't raise any questions about equity as I'm hitting who he was going to hit and the person that was going to hit him will hit me instead.  Thanks.

Damn!  Gary let me know if you want me to take this one.  I don't mind doing two

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.