Fun Police

Started by 05Venturer, 12/21/2018 09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

So it now seems that a little fun can not even be had here on CG. I little razzing to get a point across and the thread is shut down. We are all adults here and should have thick enough skin to take a little $hit but it seems our admins think we must keep CG politically correct also so people don't get butt hurt from a little razzing. For the love of god can't there be one place where we can still be ourselves and have some fun. Nobody is being malicious, just having a little fun but apparently the Fun Police won't allow that either. It is no wonder that at times we end up with days and days of threads on the front page with no activity. For gods sake people grow a set.  This site WAS one of the places I frequented for a good laugh and good conversation but it looks like that is soon to be a thing of the past also.
Really Sad because a lot of my absolute best friendships have begun right here on Cigar Geeks.

Rant Over

Merry Christmas to all!!!
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

bstessl

That's a nice rank...
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Brlesq

I blame Don.  He takes a hiatus from the forums and then on his first day back, all hell breaks loose!  :fencing:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

05Venturer

Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

I'm watching you guys....

Stessl, do your critique...
This is not the admin you're looking for...

bstessl

Quoteninfiction - 12/21/2018  9:28 AM  I'm watching you guys....  Stessl, do your critique...

OMG I just can't take this pressure... Where's my safe space?!?

Kid Montana

Somebody call the Whaambulance.  Poor lil tuck was getting dogpiled by a bunch of meanies, he needed rescuing.

I'd rather have a cigar...

quickme

What did i miss?

shakinghorizons

Quotequickme - 12/21/2018  8:51 AM

What did i miss?

:confused:

My thoughts exactly.

Cfickter

Help help I'm being repressed!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Brlesq

QuoteCfickter - 12/21/2018  10:54 AM

Help help I'm being repressed!

Don't worry!  I put in a call to our local Congresswoman to help you.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

bstessl

Quoteshakinghorizons - 12/21/2018  9:53 AM  
Quotequickme - 12/21/2018  8:51 AM  What did i miss?
:confused:  My thoughts exactly.

The thread that's locked about cigar reviews

Cfickter

QuoteBrlesq - 12/21/2018  11:08 AM  
QuoteCfickter - 12/21/2018  10:54 AM  Help help I'm being repressed!
Don't worry!  I put in a call to our local Congresswoman to help you.

Now that is a crazy person

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

DonM

QuoteBrlesq - 12/21/2018  1:23 PM

I blame Don.  He takes a hiatus from the forums and then on his first day back, all hell breaks loose!  :fencing:

I make a little appearance after several months away, and you blame me?

What kind of reception is that Bruce?  

:biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

Adwinistrator

Admins: "I am altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further."

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

DonM

Quote05Venturer - 12/21/2018  1:08 PM

So it now seems that a little fun can not even be had here on CG. I little razzing to get a point across and the thread is shut down. We are all adults here and should have thick enough skin to take a little $hit but it seems our admins think we must keep CG politically correct also so people don't get butt hurt from a little razzing. For the love of god can't there be one place where we can still be ourselves and have some fun. Nobody it being malicious, just having a little fun but apparently the Fun Police won't allow that either. It is no wonder that at times we end up with days and days of threads on the front page with no activity. For gods sake people grow a set.  This site WAS on the places I frequented for a good laugh and good conversation but it looks like that is soon to be a thing of the past also.
Really Sad because a lot of my absolute best friendships have begun right here on Cigar Geeks.

Rant Over

Concur.

How many times you have to edit that post Kent?   :confused:

"The Curmudgeon"

Brlesq

QuoteDonM - 12/21/2018  11:34 AM

Quote05Venturer - 12/21/2018  1:08 PM

So it now seems that a little fun can not even be had here on CG. I little razzing to get a point across and the thread is shut down. We are all adults here and should have thick enough skin to take a little $hit but it seems our admins think we must keep CG politically correct also so people don't get butt hurt from a little razzing. For the love of god can't there be one place where we can still be ourselves and have some fun. Nobody it being malicious, just having a little fun but apparently the Fun Police won't allow that either. It is no wonder that at times we end up with days and days of threads on the front page with no activity. For gods sake people grow a set.  This site WAS on the places I frequented for a good laugh and good conversation but it looks like that is soon to be a thing of the past also.

Rant Over

Concur.

How many times you have to edit that post Kent?   :confused:

:lmao:  :lmao:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

05Venturer

Kent

DRuff

One word, goatse

DonM

QuoteDRuff - 12/21/2018  3:53 PM

One word, goatse

:lmao:  :lmao:  

"The Curmudgeon"

Kman

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

05Venturer

QuoteKman - 12/21/2018  12:34 PM

IBTL

LMAO :biggrin:
Kent

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

DRuff

toby2

yeah that one didn't get that far gone. i think that was a case of "premature lock down" i've seen thread go down the drain and into the sewer and nothin....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.