"A fine cigar is the essence of life. The tobacco plant comes from the earth, from which we ourselves were created. Like ourselves, each leaf grows and is nurtured individually, acquiring its own characteristics, and is then graded, sorted, and matured according to their special abilities. As tobacco comes to its graduation in the making of cigars, as with the making of adults, some is left on the cutting room table and become ordinary, run-of-the-mill products. Some graduate into leadership and areas of responsibility, but a few achieve greatness, and even a touch of immortality." -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Main Menu

That Crazy Monster!

Started by gitfiddl, 02/05/2019 08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

I'm home waiting on a plumber, and decided to check the Monster.  They've got Fuente Hemingway Sigatures on sale for a whopping ONE CENT off the regular Famous price!  :-0
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Murphy223

Wow!  We better jump on that deal right away
 :biggrin:

benchjockey

There was a time when I was able to get some cigars I liked at a good price on the Monster. The past few weeks it has cut back on both quality and quantity of its offers.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

gitfiddl

QuoteMurphy223 - 2/5/2019  9:25 AM

And they're still $4 more than CigarPage...
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Chefjohn

Quotegitfiddl - 2/5/2019  9:49 AM

QuoteMurphy223 - 2/5/2019  9:25 AM

Ive really come to like CigarPage. Ive gotten some great deals there especially when they're running their Scorcher. Ive found the same thing you did on Monster David several times. I don't even waste my time there anymore.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Silverstix

QuoteChefjohn - 2/5/2019  3:47 PM  
QuoteMurphy223 - 2/5/2019  9:25 AM  Wow!  We better jump on that deal right away  :biggrin:
Ive really come to like CigarPage. Ive gotten some great deals there especially when they’re running their Scorcher. Ive found the same thing you did on Monster David several times. I don’t even waste my time there anymore.

I've sometimes received cigars from CigarPage that have been lacking in quality - either they weren't store properly or were past their prime.  I think that they get cigars that are being liquidated from B&M's and other retailers. 

DonM

QuoteSilverstix - 2/5/2019  6:53 PM

QuoteMurphy223 - 2/5/2019  9:25 AM  Wow!  We better jump on that deal right away  :biggrin:
Ive really come to like CigarPage. Ive gotten some great deals there especially when they're running their Scorcher. Ive found the same thing you did on Monster David several times. I don't even waste my time there anymore.

I've sometimes received cigars from CigarPage that have been lacking in quality - either they weren't store properly or were past their prime.  I think that they get cigars that are being liquidated from B&M's and other retailers. 

If they are in a sealed box, I do not see how they could be past their prime. But then, I always let cigars rest before I smoke them, unless I am over anxious to smoke one

"The Curmudgeon"

Silverstix

QuoteDonM - 2/5/2019  4:53 PM  
QuoteSilverstix - 2/5/2019  6:53 PM  

Ive really come to like CigarPage. Ive gotten some great deals there especially when they’re running their Scorcher. Ive found the same thing you did on Monster David several times. I don’t even waste my time there anymore.

If they are in a sealed box, I do not see how they could be past their prime. But then, I always let cigars rest before I smoke them, unless I am over anxious to smoke one  

I've never bought a box from them, only 5 or 10 packs 

gitfiddl

QuoteSilverstix - 2/5/2019  3:53 PM

I've only had one issue with a cigar I received from CigarPage, and I'm not sure I could blame it entirely on them.  It was a recent order of El Primer Mundo Epifania Toros.  I went to slide one out of the cello and the cap was stuck to the cello.  Other than that and an inventory error that led to an order hanging in limbo for a week, I'v had no real problems.  I can't say the same for the folks that ship from Spillman Drive.

Koop

I check Monster daily - but you have to look closely at the deal. I watch for discounts over 20% and free shipping.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.