Do you store wrapper on or off

Started by garlar4, 02/14/2019 08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garlar4

Im looking for a little advice here.  How do you store your sticks.  Do you store them with the cellophane on or off?  Not talking about the shrink wrap on the boxes them self.  Im talking the wrapper on the actual cigar.  Also when you buy the 5 stick deals on cbid or other places do you keep them wrapped the way they come or unwrap them to be in singles?  

Sorry if this is a repeat i could not find a thread on this.  

Also new here been smoking for 20 years plus.  Thank you to all the experts here as i have learned a lot already.
Guns, Bourbon and Cigars what more does a man need?

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

shakinghorizons

If I know her, wrapper off. If we just met, wrapper on.

gitfiddl

Quoteshakinghorizons - 2/14/2019  9:33 AM

If I know her, wrapper off. If we just met, wrapper on.

:biggrin:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

garlar4

Guns, Bourbon and Cigars what more does a man need?

appollo

DonM

I store them how I get them, with or without the cello

"The Curmudgeon"

bstessl

Hi there!  You can find great advice here, especially in those threads 05venturer posted up there.  Go ahead and head over to the newbie section and introduce yourself!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

jagfandaddy

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Chefjohn

I cut the cello just enough to expose the foot.  Any ones that are not in cello are stored separately.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Koop

I leave the cello on for protection. Cellophane is derived from cellulose - it's not plastic and as such it breathes.

Beegerply

However they come package is how I store them.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

gitfiddl

QuoteChefjohn - 2/14/2019  11:01 AM

I cut the cello just enough to expose the foot.  Any ones that are not in cello are stored separately.

I write the date I got the cigar on the tail of the cello.

klamm143

QuoteDonM - 2/14/2019  10:39 AM  I store them how I get them, with or without the cello  
.........Same here........

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

DRuff

Brlesq

I leave the wrappers on the cigars. Sometimes the cellos too ...  :biggrin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Kid Montana

I tend to keep the cello on, but also dunk them in hot wax; helps seal the flavors.

I'd rather have a cigar...

DonM

QuoteDRuff - 2/15/2019  12:32 AM

You started playing the Cello now?

:lmao:

"The Curmudgeon"

arrow34

Same here. Cello on if it comes with it. I have damaged a few cigars when I was first starting off many moons ago.  Thankfully they were ci specials(Sherpas).  

My preferred lounge I go to regularly, stores there sticks cello off in the lockers. Not in there walk in, but members ask for it...

Cfickter

Leave them on to protect the wrappers, they are designed to breath.
Do not mix infused cigars (like Acids) in the same humidor as non-infused
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bstessl

QuoteKid Montana - 2/14/2019  9:31 PM  I tend to keep the cello on, but also dunk them in hot wax; helps seal the flavors.

:LMAO:

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

frankj1

and nevah evah ask this question on cbid's forums!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.