Finger bags split?

Started by headfirst, 03/09/2019 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headfirst

I'm all out of 5 finger bags.  I see from other threads that bags of bags has the best prices, which is true, but the only order size is 1,000 bags.  I was thinking I'd be good with 50-100 so thought I'd see if anyone else wants more bags and wants to split this order with me.  Let me know.  Thanks.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Kid Montana

What would be the final cost for 50/100 bags after shipping etc?

I'd rather have a cigar...

shakinghorizons

Just checked his page - yikes! I ordered 1000 bags in 2015 and paid $50 shipped

headfirst

QuoteKid Montana - 3/9/2019  7:38 PM

It's $70 plus about $18 shipping to me for the 1,000 bags.  I looked at another site that sold in 100 bag packs and they wanted $20 shipped for 100 bags.  So for it to make sense for everyone I would be willing to absorb say $8 of that $18 shipping which makes it $8/100 bags to everyone plus their shipping, so everyone I imagine would be around $16-$18 per 100 bags myself included.

I'll let this thread hang out for a little bit.  If it doesn't gain any traction I'll just go with the $20 option, just thought I may not be alone in wanting more finger bags...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Kid Montana

Quoteheadfirst - 3/9/2019  8:38 PM

QuoteKid Montana - 3/9/2019  7:38 PM

It's $70 plus about $18 shipping to me for the 1,000 bags.  I looked at another site that sold in 100 bag packs and they wanted $20 shipped for 100 bags.  So for it to make sense for everyone I would be willing to absorb say $8 of that $18 shipping which makes it $8/100 bags to everyone plus their shipping, so everyone I imagine would be around $16-$18 per 100 bags myself included.

I'll let this thread hang out for a little bit.  If it doesn't gain any traction I'll just go with the $20 option, just thought I may not be alone in wanting more finger bags...

I'd price it so your bags are free.  I'd be happy to pay a few bucks extra, doing a split with 10-15 people is a ton of work.

I'd rather have a cigar...

headfirst

Nah it's ok Dan, I'd feel like I'm using the other geeks if I did that, let's stick with $8 plus shipping cost per 100 bags.
-Charles Spurgeon

bstessl

I'll take two if this happens

headfirst

Need about 6 more geeks, any other takers?
-Charles Spurgeon

Cfickter

QuoteKid Montana - 3/10/2019  1:29 PM  
Quoteheadfirst - 3/9/2019  8:38 PM  
QuoteKid Montana - 3/9/2019  7:38 PM  What would be the final cost for 50/100 bags after shipping etc?
It's $70 plus about $18 shipping to me for the 1,000 bags.  I looked at another site that sold in 100 bag packs and they wanted $20 shipped for 100 bags.  So for it to make sense for everyone I would be willing to absorb say $8 of that $18 shipping which makes it $8/100 bags to everyone plus their shipping, so everyone I imagine would be around $16-$18 per 100 bags myself included.  I'll let this thread hang out for a little bit.  If it doesn't gain any traction I'll just go with the $20 option, just thought I may not be alone in wanting more finger bags...
I'd price it so your bags are free.  I'd be happy to pay a few bucks extra, doing a split with 10-15 people is a ton of work.

Hummm, going to have to go back and look into my past deals with Dan evidently  

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

shakinghorizons

I would stick with bags of bags - cigarbags state to accommodate up to a 60rg, but I feel as if 54rg is a VERY tight fit.

headfirst

Quoteshakinghorizons - 3/12/2019  10:51 AM

I would stick with bags of bags - cigarbags state to accommodate up to a 60rg, but I feel as if 54rg is a VERY tight fit.

Good to know, thanks!
-Charles Spurgeon

Ted

Is this still going on?

I've got about an extra 800 from my last purchase if that would be easier? Same price. Don't want to step on any toes though if the order has already been placed. Just let me know.

headfirst

Ted, that's a great call, I haven't made the order, it probably helps you out, and I think we'd struggle to get enough participation for it to work out.  I'll take 100 off your hands, let me know a total.
-Charles Spurgeon

RMAN4443

QuoteTed - 3/12/2019  3:47 PM

Is this still going on?

I've got about an extra 800 from my last purchase if that would be easier? Same price. Don't want to step on any toes though if the order has already been placed. Just let me know.

Hello Ted, I'm Rick...I did the introduction when I first joined up here...anyway, I'm more of a lurker here....a cigargeeks knowledge vampire, I guess. I live in New Hampshire if that matters.
     I would like to get in on this split, if possible. I would be glad to send you a check that you could cash before shipping the bags. Please pm me for my address if we can make this trade.
                                                             Thanks in Advance,

Rick
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day,
Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way...

Ted

I have no idea how much shipping would be, but I paid about $85 for 1,000 shipped. So will just say a cap of $15 for $100, but maybe less after I ship. Once I ship, I'll PM a price and can anyone can  just paypal me.

Anyone who wants, just PM me a request and shipping address.

FYI, I will most likely not be shipping until Friday or Saturday. I just left work early and we are apparently experiencing a "bomb cyclone" here.

Ted

And there goes my power. lol
Will respond to any questions tomorrow, or whenever the power comes back!

1sgjeffward

QuoteTed - 3/13/2019  1:37 PM

And there goes my power. lol
Will respond to any questions tomorrow, or whenever the power comes back!

Ted would love to get in on 100 of these if offer is still out there. PM with details if you need to.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Ted

Oh forgot. I am back! $15 shipped priority 3 day (it's only $0.11 more than regular first class). I have 6 more 100 ct. for anyone who wants.

Jeff, correct addy in your profile? I can ship Monday if that's OK? My son is in town this weekend and I think it's unlikely I'll be able to make the post office before it closes tomorrow.

1sgjeffward

Yep addy is correct. OR you could just dump em to me at the RMCF this year! Tickets go on sale this Monday  :biggrin:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Ted

If you're willing to wait until August, I surely can!  :lmao:

Definitely going this year, but I'll get some off to you before then!

bstessl

05Venturer

Ted, I'll take 100 if you have any left. PM me price and PP info
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Vroomp

I'll take whatever is left~!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Ted

QuoteVroomp - 3/16/2019  11:35 AM  

I'll take whatever is left~!

Sent you a PM.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.