Slight Search Functionality Request

Started by c9belayer, 05/06/2019 11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c9belayer

When you "search humidors" can we please also add the "Previous Smokes" humidor? Just remove the line of code that says "exclude PreviousSmokes."

One can search Previous Smokes all at once in the app, but not in the online version, and it makes finding a specific cigar in my 15 pages of Previous Smokes a real PIA.

Thanks 

-- c9belayer

c9belayer

Has anyone found a workaround for this?
-- c9belayer

Adwinistrator

Quotec9belayer - 5/8/2019  11:48 AM

I usually export to excel when I have to do something the website isn't set up for...

05Venturer

Quotec9belayer - 5/8/2019  10:48 AM

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

c9belayer

Seriously, I'd really like this setting, and it's easy to do!

Thanks for the suggestion about using Excel, but is slower, and takes me out of the tool. I've got mad Excel skills and can do it quickly, but I've also developed online databases and know that adding an additional filter to an existing query is child's play, so why not write it into the app in the first place? Please? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

EDIT: Another nit-pick: When I'm viewing "Previous Smokes" the same "Search Humidors" field is there. Please just re-purpose the query behind that button! Instead of searching your OTHER humidors (and thus taking you out of Previous Smokes, which is poor usability) just search Previous Smokes, which is where you are in the first place!

-- c9belayer

Brlesq

Quotec9belayer - 5/23/2019  12:55 PM

Thanks for the suggestion about using Excel, but is slower, and takes me out of the tool. I've got mad Excel skills and can do it quickly, but I've also developed online databases and know that adding an additional filter to an existing query is child's play, so why not write it into the app in the first place? Please? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

EDIT: Another nit-pick: When I'm viewing "Previous Smokes" the same "Search Humidors" field is there. Please just re-purpose the query behind that button! Instead of searching your OTHER humidors (and thus taking you out of Previous Smokes, which is poor usability) just search Previous Smokes, which is where you are in the first place!

SenorPablo (the site owner) has a day job and this site is just a side hobby, not a cash machine, that he is gracious enough to provide to all of us for free to use. You sound like you have mad skills at site development, so why don't you volunteer your services (pro bono) to SenorPablo for developing upgrades and "ease of use" items.  I'm sure that we would all benefit from your ideas!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

05Venturer

QuoteBrlesq - 5/23/2019  1:21 PM

Quotec9belayer - 5/23/2019  12:55 PM

SenorPablo (the site owner) has a day job and this site is just a side hobby, not a cash machine, that he is gracious enough to provide to all of us for free to use. You sound like you have mad skills at site development, so why don't you volunteer your services (pro bono) to SenorPablo for developing upgrades and "ease of use" items.  I'm sure that we would all benefit from your ideas!

That sounds fantastic :bigthumbs:  Great idea Bruce
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cigary

yep...lots of brothers do things on here 'pro bono' like writing articles...helping others with various Good Samaritan things that tend to benefit the Forum.  Senor Pablo as Bruce said....has enough with real life to try and maintain things in working order while having a real job.

c9belayer

Great idea - though my coding skills are quite rusty. I'll reach out to SenorPablo to see if I can lend a hand.
-- c9belayer

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.