How do you prefer to smoke?

Started by StogieDad, 06/13/2019 11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you prefer to smoke?

All alone with my thoughts (or music, ballgame, etc.)....
14 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 26

StogieDad

Interesting to see some answers from the other poll, so to keep the front page fresh I'll start another.  How do you prefer to smoke a cigar?  By yourself, with friends, at the B&M, working in the yard?  What is your preference?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Beegerply

Most times by myself, however I get with a friend on Thursday nights and smoke a couple of cigars and talk. Plus once a month with my cigar club guys.   :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

shakinghorizons

Preferred? Local shop, my place, or at a friends.

Actuality - Driving

arrow34

I like to smoke with some of my friends at my place and meet with my local group every Thursday and Friday at a local bar.  But 80% of the time by myself on a week night ...

Have never driven and smoked, but can see the draw

benchjockey

I mostly smoke alone but enjoy company.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

ninfiction

I mostly smoke alone, music or a game on. Occasionally I'll hop on the Google herf, always a good time. Meet up with friends is good too. I really do enjoy some me time though.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Brlesq

Online herf doesn't seem to be an option, but that's what some of us do most nights.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

appollo

I like to sit and just enjoy the peace and quiet.I wouldn't mind smoking with a buddy every once in awhile but I don't know anyone that smokes And my internet sucks,welcome to rural Nova Scotia. :-(

tuck0411

Most of my sticks get smoked on the commute, an hour each direction, which fits nicely with the smoke time of most robustos.  But my preference is smoking/relaxing on the weekend while watching various things on Netflix, as anyone knows who reads my reviews.  And once in awhile OZZ comes over, or I go visit him, and we have a smoke-fest, which is always fun.   :smoker2:
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

nickthafish

Alone is the usual, but having a smoking buddy in the back yard to share a smoke and a beer is nice.

StogieDad

My preference is alone watching the ballgame or reading, but always enjoy company.  Then fishing, I love a damn cigar and a morning of fishing.....

I should have put google here, I meant to leave to poll open and it won't let me change it now.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

klamm143

ALL OF IT...................equal opportunity smoker!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

arrow34

It is interesting, I think we prefer to smoke with friends, but usually smoke cigars alone(reading, music, movies, etc).  I know I enjoy a cigar either way!  It is a bit more fun to discuss it if it is a new stick, I like to share new sticks....or new to me...

Cfickter

QuoteBrlesq - 6/13/2019  2:23 PM  Online herf doesn't seem to be an option, but that's what some of us do most nights.

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

PETE314

Now that I am down South...most nights I am on the lanai with my wife winding down a long day.  But my favorite???

My favorite (and Bruce can attest to the greatness of this method...lol...) was when I was in Ohio.  Every Monday night, the Fair Trade Cigar Club would convene at our....well, I guess you could call it our clubhouse or lounge for lack of a better term...30+ people enjoying food, drink, and great cigars.  We had grills, a full kitchen, a patio with fire pit.  2 Huge TV's.  Cabinet Humidor Storage.  High top Tables, Large table and leather seating...(they now have leather recliners and Darts)...a retro video gaming cabinet.  Storage for beer, wine and liquor...24/7 access.

For me there really is/was nothing better...

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=29191.0

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

nathanw13

My favorite is out in the yard with my wife by the campfire. I also enjoy family get togethers... my brothers all smoke also, and we all enjoy trading our favorites and catching up.
Our country has plenty of five-cent cigars, but the trouble is they charge fifteen cents for them.

Will Rogers

05Venturer

QuoteCfickter - 6/14/2019  6:41 AM

QuoteBrlesq - 6/13/2019  2:23 PM  Online herf doesn't seem to be an option, but that's what some of us do most nights.

Met some of the best people I know joining the herf 

Rite on brother!! :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

QuotePETE314 - 6/14/2019  7:51 AM

Now that I am down South...most nights I am on the lanai with my wife winding down a long day.  But my favorite???

My favorite (and Bruce can attest to the greatness of this method...lol...) was when I was in Ohio.  Every Monday night, the Fair Trade Cigar Club would convene at our....well, I guess you could call it our clubhouse or lounge for lack of a better term...30+ people enjoying food, drink, and great cigars.  We had grills, a full kitchen, a patio with fire pit.  2 Huge TV's.  Cabinet Humidor Storage.  High top Tables, Large table and leather seating...(they now have leather recliners and Darts)...a retro video gaming cabinet.  Storage for beer, wine and liquor...24/7 access.

For me there really is/was nothing better...

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=29191.0

:thumbsup: That was a nice place, Peter.  We had a great time!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

junglepete

Any place, event, or activity or company, it's all great.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteBeegerply - 6/13/2019  3:26 PM

Most times by myself, however I get with a friend on Thursday nights and smoke a couple of cigars and talk. Plus once a month with my cigar club guys.   :biggrin:

Mostly for me it's playing or watching Golf  :biggrin: and also once a month sitting around bulls**tting with a bunch of local riff raff I got pulled into about 5 years ago  :angry:   :shamebag:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

tfkirk

Prefer to smoke alone with my thoughts but usually while walking early in the morning. With the guys in my garage watching a sporting event of some sort or a little poker game, and always have one in my mouth when doing some type of yard work/chores.
Kirk

RIP BIG KIRK, LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

Cigary

For me it's when I am on my travels even though I enjoy doing almost the entire list of what was put up.  The reason I like to smoke my cigars when I travel is because the cigar "cements" the experience of where I was when I smoked a particular cigar,,,an association of sorts.  I can remember exactly where I was and was thinking when I smoked a Cohiba Espy in Rome, Italy,,,,a Partagas D in Gibralter  or when I was at Normandy I smoked an Opus X Chateau Reserve while walking through the gravesites of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for us.  So many experiences and cigars that I can relive that cigar and time like it was yesterday and those hours of thinking and filing those memories into life experiences.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.