CBD in Cigars?

Started by StogieDad, 06/21/2019 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

This is not a thread meant for a moral uprising or anything of the sort.....

I read an article on Halfwheel that Jas Sum Kral has released Nuggs, a cigar infused with 20mg of CBD.

https://halfwheel.com/jsk-nuggs-habano-review/298779

Anyone have any opinions on this?  I don't, but I know CBD is the next big thing right now.  I wonder if this is enough to give any positive effect, or is it just a gimmick to get people's attention?

Anybody use CBD oil regularly?  I have heard of the pain and mental (supposed) benefits, so I'm curious.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

shakinghorizons

I have personally found CBD to help relieve pain, but IMO, a cigar is not where I would look for it. CBD infused tea, beer, etc is the new rage here in Colorado - I just stay away from all the BS marketing of it these days.

Brlesq

IMO, this was a bone-head move.  Nothing against CBD, but infusing cigars with it just gives the FDA another reason to regulate the cigar industry more closely.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

StogieDad

QuoteBrlesq - 6/21/2019  4:41 PM

IMO, this was a bone-head move.  Nothing against CBD, but infusing cigars with it just gives the FDA another reason to regulate the cigar industry more closely.

:?: That's a good point Bruce.....
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

I am with Bruce on this. The last thing our industry needs is another reason for the FDA to look our way. It's a simply stupid move on JSK's part. Stupid...

As for CBD, I use it occasionally for knee pain, and have found it to be useful. I use CBD without THC in it, so it is not as effective as it could be. A small dose of THC acts as a carrier, enhancing the CBD effectiveness, and is called "full spectrum" in the industry. However, being clean n' sober, I accept what I get from the pure CBD, and skip the THC.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cigary

Another vote for Bruce....CBD is a growing business making millions these days and I know a few people who got into a couple years ago and are making a lot of money...not only for people but for animals, esp. dogs and cats.  I tried it and it didn't do squat for me but then again I take OxyContin and morphine patches for my pain and a Quelll Unit along with essential oils for neuropathy ......but some people swear by the CBD stuff and that's not a bad thing.  Adding it to cigars is a bad gimmick...cigars are cigars and not some product used for a delivery system and with the taste of the CBD in and of itself....some of that stuff tastes like the south end of a north bound buffalo!

bstessl

I'm on both sides here, I don't think it's good to bring added attention with the FDA, but I have smoked a "Nuggs" and it does have a more relaxing effect than normal.  He's also releasing a 100mg maduro.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

amigodecigars

While you will be able to see Riste Ristevski and his brand Jas Sum Kral Cigars at the 2019 IPCPR Trade Show, there is at least one cigar that won't be showcased – and that is the CBD-infused JSK Nuggs.

According to Ristevski, the Sands Expo Center, where the IPCPR Trade Show is taking place, along with the adjacent Palazzo and Venetian Hotels have a ban on CBD products on their premises. The IPCPR is abiding by the policy and has begun informing all members, including exhibitors about the ban.   Cigar Coop
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

bstessl

Quoteamigodecigars - 6/26/2019  7:46 AM  While you will be able to see Riste Ristevski and his brand Jas Sum Kral Cigars at the 2019 IPCPR Trade Show, there is at least one cigar that won’t be showcased – and that is the CBD-infused JSK Nuggs.  According to Ristevski, the Sands Expo Center, where the IPCPR Trade Show is taking place, along with the adjacent Palazzo and Venetian Hotels have a ban on CBD products on their premises. The IPCPR is abiding by the policy and has begun informing all members, including exhibitors about the ban.   Cigar Coop

Just in case nobody believed Halfwheel...

05Venturer

Quotebstessl - 6/26/2019  9:40 AM

Quoteamigodecigars - 6/26/2019  7:46 AM  While you will be able to see Riste Ristevski and his brand Jas Sum Kral Cigars at the 2019 IPCPR Trade Show, there is at least one cigar that won't be showcased – and that is the CBD-infused JSK Nuggs.  According to Ristevski, the Sands Expo Center, where the IPCPR Trade Show is taking place, along with the adjacent Palazzo and Venetian Hotels have a ban on CBD products on their premises. The IPCPR is abiding by the policy and has begun informing all members, including exhibitors about the ban.   Cigar Coop

Just in case nobody believed Halfwheel...

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

nirab

Thanks for the info John! BTW, when is the Olman gonna be ready???

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

amigodecigars

Quotenirab - 6/26/2019  2:50 PM  Thanks for the info John! BTW, when is the Olman gonna be ready???
Very soon....I am also waiting for some Alfonso's to be ready about the same time, I'll send you an email
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

nirab

Quoteamigodecigars - 6/26/2019  4:00 PM

Quotenirab - 6/26/2019  2:50 PM  Thanks for the info John! BTW, when is the Olman gonna be ready???
                                                                                   Very soon....I am also waiting for some Alfonso's to be ready about the same time, I'll send you an email

Looking forward to both of em! I still haven't smoked the Olman you sent me, letting it rest a bit more... :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

1sgjeffward

Agree with Bruce REALLY bad idea that could get some more heat sent our way. The CBD oil they use has to be the non THC variety or they wouldn't be able to ship it. Here in Colorado we DO have home delivery options under the right medical circumstances but we cannot get it mailed in any way to us and Colorado is a VERY 420 friendly State :biggrin:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

ljlemer

I've been taking full spectrum CBD, sometimes with added THC, for over a year. It helps with anxiety, insomnia, depression, and maybe even pain. I agree that adding it to cigars is unwise.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

bstessl

Quote1sgjeffward - 6/30/2019  11:21 AM  Agree with Bruce REALLY bad idea that could get some more heat sent our way. The CBD oil they use has to be the non THC variety or they wouldn't be able to ship it. Here in Colorado we DO have home delivery options under the right medical circumstances but we cannot get it mailed in any way to us and Colorado is a VERY 420 friendly State :biggrin:

correct.  they are 100% THC free

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.