Aristocrat Humidors scaling down

Started by ricoishere, 06/25/2019 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricoishere

I am looking for a humidifier for my trunk humidor, and decided to call Aristocrat humidors. Their webpage stated they are scaling down, and going forward they will only focus on serving existing humidors, and humidification:

"We have thoroughly enjoyed creating Aristocrat Humidors for our clients over the last 25 years, and it is now time to slow the pace down a bit.  Our focus will be to continue providing sales and  service of our precision electronic humidification systems for new and existing commercial and residential humidors.  

We are closing the humidor building side of the business.  I look forward to ongoing contact with current clients and greeting new customers for Aristocrat Humidification systems over the coming years." :-(  :-0

Well, i decided to call and had a gret conversation with the owner. This gent has definitely earned his "partial retirement, and I wished him well. I wish I would've purchased one of his humidors before he decided to stop making them. nonetheless, I will order his "Set-It-And-Forget-It" system.
I got way too many cigars, too much booze, not many friends. Life is GRAND.
-Rico

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." -George Burns

My humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=ricoishere

Brlesq

Quality humidors, but not cheap.  You can find a used one occasionally as people stop smoking or move.

Here's one for sale that's 20 inches wide, 25 inches deep, and 40 inches tall. $4,000 + shipping, I believe.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wDPdandNDvnKEmQ05XeIU3RMXorc5awT
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

arrow34

Wow.. I would start searching Facebook marketplace, letgo or Craigslist. I got a j.c. pendergast cabinet for $300, sometimes I am tempted to get another. But my wife might kill me.

ricoishere

QuoteBrlesq - 6/25/2019  2:56 PM

Quality humidors, but not cheap.  You can find a used one occasionally as people stop smoking or move.

Here's one for sale that's 20 inches wide, 25 inches deep, and 40 inches tall. $4,000 + shipping, I believe.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wDPdandNDvnKEmQ05XeIU3RMXorc5awT

$4K? Damn, that's about as much as I paid to have my whiskey/cigar room dry-walled, and it's 20'x20'! Well, fortunately I have time for my favorite hobby, woodworking, and am making a trip to Hicksville Planing Mill close to Hagerstown. I'll be making my cigar locker over the summer and use an Aristocrat humidifier.
-Rico

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." -George Burns

My humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=ricoishere

ricoishere

Quotearrow34 - 6/25/2019  3:19 PM

Wow.. I would start searching Facebook marketplace, letgo or Craigslist. I got a j.c. pendergast cabinet for $300, sometimes I am tempted to get another. But my wife might kill me.

Thanks, I just looked at their site.... Pretty basic, many links did not work. Wonder why quite a few of these sites are like that? Guess they don't need to spend a fortune on web sites since they have loyal following. I will look though because I can build a serious cigar locker, but will outsource for the shelving.
-Rico

My humidor

ricoishere

I just heard back from J.C.: "We are currently not currently producing humidors. We hope to resume production in the future".

WTF? EPA shutting them down? :-0  :cry:
-Rico

My humidor

arrow34

Quotericoishere - 6/26/2019  2:30 PM

I just heard back from J.C.: "We are currently not currently producing humidors. We hope to resume production in the future".

WTF? EPA shutting them down? :-0  :cry:

They had been building humidor cabinets for some time.  They shutdown about ten years ago, maybe more.  There is a triple door by j.c. pendergast at my baseball stadium's cigar lounge.  I am really lucky to have found one cheap.  I would just search around for a used one.  Heck, I have even seen pictures of someone finding one at a local salvation army surplus store being used as a trophy case.  I would just look around.  You would be surprised what you can find.  Took me a few months.  I expanded the search on fb and found a few cabinets in NJ... but not sure if you have the time to do a roadtrip :)

Trblmkr

Well Bob has certainly earned the retirement.  I bought my humidor from him back in 2000 and called him just last year to replace my Set-N-Forget.  He remembered me, and my humidor (it's one of a kind according to him). I have made many recommendations to friends over the years to buy from him, and none have been disappointed.
I am Nobody
Nobody is Perfect
Therefore, I am Perfect

shakinghorizons

QuoteTrblmkr - 7/18/2019  8:32 AM

Well Bob has certainly earned the retirement.  I bought my humidor from him back in 2000 and called him just last year to replace my Set-N-Forget.  He remembered me, and my humidor (it's one of a kind according to him). I have made many recommendations to friends over the years to buy from him, and none have been disappointed.

Pictures of your one-of-a-kind humidor!?!?

Cigary

With the advent of NewAir and Whynter Cigar Humidors and their pricing ( I have 4 Whynter 251's ) as I waited for pricing that got down to $220 out the door they have performed better and are reliable than the wood humidors I paid $400 or more that only held 250 cigars.....the Whynters hold 400 each.  I know I know....I sound like an infomercial....but these things are almost idiot proof and the aroma transfer is amazing ( if you love that cedar taste in your cigars as I do )

The old Cigar Humidors made out of exotic woods and shapes/sizes are seeing a reduction of  business except for those who have the coin to still afford them....they do make for a nice eye candy of cigar displays of which I have a few but now I just display them in my office and library and rarely use them except to put ulta premium cigars into....such a snob I am.

Brlesq

The Whynters look nice.  Too bad they don't make larger models like towers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ninfiction

QuoteBrlesq - 7/20/2019  9:02 AM

The Whynters look nice.  Too bad they don't make larger models like towers.

There is one but it's not cheap...it does however heat and cool. For those of us in northern climates keeping cigars in basements that would be nice. I don't think it's Whynters.

https://www.cigarhumidors-online.com/cigar-humidors/cabinet-humidors-furniture/remington-lite-electronic-humidor.html

They even have a 4000 count: https://www.cigarhumidors-online.com/reagan-electric-cabinet-humidor.html
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cigary

Oh wow....you're right....they aren't cheap!  Which is why I bought 4 Whynters that together hold almost a 1000 cigars.  Will this hobby EVER get less expensive......I don't think so.

Trblmkr

Quoteshakinghorizons - 7/18/2019  11:46 AM

QuoteTrblmkr - 7/18/2019  8:32 AM

Pictures of your one-of-a-kind humidor!?!?

You can find mine here
http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/tops.htm

it's the one labeled - Oak w "Brain Coral Burl" Walnut
I am Nobody
Nobody is Perfect
Therefore, I am Perfect

ricoishere

QuoteCigary - 7/20/2019  7:46 AM

With the advent of NewAir and Whynter Cigar Humidors and their pricing ( I have 4 Whynter 251's ) as I waited for pricing that got down to $220 out the door they have performed better and are reliable than the wood humidors I paid $400 or more that only held 250 cigars.....the Whynters hold 400 each.  I know I know....I sound like an infomercial....but these things are almost idiot proof and the aroma transfer is amazing ( if you love that cedar taste in your cigars as I do )

The old Cigar Humidors made out of exotic woods and shapes/sizes are seeing a reduction of  business except for those who have the coin to still afford them....they do make for a nice eye candy of cigar displays of which I have a few but now I just display them in my office and library and rarely use them except to put ulta premium cigars into....such a snob I am.

Not a fan of the NewAir or Wynters yet. The cooling factor is not stable enough for me; maybe in the near future.
-Rico

My humidor

Victor Romeo

I have a beautiful Aristocrat Humidor cabinet that I would be willing to sell for the right price if anyone is interested

shakinghorizons

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.