August Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 07/09/2019 09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by klamm143 (Kevin)

The Cigar: Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill (7x48)

The Specs:

Country Manufactured: Honduras
Filler: Honduran, Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Wrapper: Honduiran

The Hype: Introducing, Prensado....a rich a redolent handmade guaranteed to satisfy. This exquisite handmade employs a special '?Trojes' Corojo wrapper grown in Honduras and a flavorful blend of Nicaraguan, Honduran, and more Trojes long-fillers. Expect a bold and eventful blend that brings interesting flavors in spades. Buttery-smooth notes of deep, rich nuances including roasted flavors, coffee, and a dash of sweet red pepper. 96-rated and impressively built, that's Alec Bradley Prensado.

In addition to being named the Top Cigar of 2011, Alec Bradley Prensado received an unheard of, 96-point rating, noting, ""The Alec Bradley Prensado is as gorgeous a cigar as you'll ever see, with a picture-perfect head and a stunning wrapper. But it is the flavor that makes it a classic. The Honduran and Nicaraguan tobaccos come together to create leather, chocolate and spice notes, and a long, lush finish."

Shipping: No Restrictions

Due Date: July 25, 2019 ** The time is tight here so please be sure you have the availability to meet the deadline, thanks.

The Reviewers: Must not have done or will do a GC review in May, June or July or Be listed for September. Preferably one newbie (Less than 6 months on the site)

1. Beegerply (Byron)
2. appollo (Stephen)
3. McBryde (Emerson)
4. arrow34 (Ed)
5. nathanw13 (Nathan)

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Kevin for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarman:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Beegerply

If you need a body I can do last time I did one was in April. :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

appollo

Haven't done one since Jan.would certainly take a spot if avalible. :-)

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

klamm143

Thanks Byron and Stephen....you too "Big E"..........now 2 more and we get this show on the road!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

arrow34

I got tagged by pm :)  I will sign on as a newbie.

klamm143

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

nathanw13

I'd be down for it if you'll take this noob. Looking to improve my review game.
Our country has plenty of five-cent cigars, but the trouble is they charge fifteen cents for them.

Will Rogers

Cigary

I can do this but will give others a  chance if it doesn't get filled up.  This Cigar....is an interesting one...won't spoil the ending.

junglepete

Okay Nathan, you're in. Sorry Gary, missed it by one  :-)
Guru of Frugality

klamm143

OK ALL...........looks like it's a wrap. Please make sure your shipping info on your profile is accurate. I will be getting the sticks in the mail by mid afternoon Friday (07.12.2019) then posting up the tracking numbers. As a reminder, we are on a tight schedule so please stay on top of the critique and get yours in on time. PM me or Pete with any questions / concerns that you have. I'll post up more info on the critique stick tomorrow. ENJOY!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

Beegerply

Byron

klamm143

AND AWAYYYYYyyyyyyyyy they go...all sticks in the mail this AM from Raleigh NC at 0930 hours. My Post Office says you USA guys will get your package Monday (which actually means between Tuesday and Friday - LOL), but for the OHHHH CANADA dude - well they say 6 to 10 business days (which means WHO The Heck Knows????). I'll post tracking numbers later today with some stick info for your amusement. Thanks to all of you for signing up for this one.
Kevin R. Lamm

klamm143

Tracking Info:

Moline - 9505 5122 8714 9193 2509 72

Carlisle - 9505 5122 8714 9193 2509 89

Rochester - 9505 5122 8714 9193 2509 96

Clanton - 9505 5122 8714 9193 2510 09

International - CH073006715US
Kevin R. Lamm

arrow34

Arrived!  Resting in one of my reach ins.  Will get it s done in a few days :)

nathanw13

Arrived safely and resting in a tupperdor... I'll really need a chance to relax and focus on this once the week is done. Thanks for the bodyguards too - couple of my favorites, and I haven't had the chance to try the CAO Flathead yet!
Our country has plenty of five-cent cigars, but the trouble is they charge fifteen cents for them.

Will Rogers

Beegerply

Landed safely, along with a couple of friends thanks.   :biggrin:
Byron

junglepete

For the newer members doing this review, please read:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=42

Also, here is where you can do the review:

http://cigargeeks.com/reviews/staffreviews.asp?action=staffreviewform
Guru of Frugality

Beegerply

My review is in. thanks Kevin for allowing me to do this review.  :biggrin:
Byron

McBryde

I'm letting mine rest a few days. Thanks for the bodyguards Kevin, they look tasty as well!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

klamm143

Kevin R. Lamm

appollo

The review stick arrived today with some great buddies.Thanks Kevin.

klamm143

Just a reminder - 5 days left to smoke it then write about it....ENJOY!!!!

Kevin R. Lamm

klamm143

Kevin R. Lamm

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.