Thompson cigars.

Started by Longo, 05/23/2010 11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longo

I have tried in the past to order from them.  Three orders, three boxes of dried out prune like cigars.  Outtler leaf peeling off, that bad.  Complained abou it, and they sent me a 5 pack of undesirables for my trouble.  Once I can forgive, three times, and they are NOW OUT.  My primary now is HotAsh, followed by Cigars International.  Have never been disappointed with the cigars nor the delivery.  Just a point of interest.

nwb

You won't find many fans of Thompson on this site.  However, I've won a couple of the lots on their auction site, and I didn't have any problems with the cigars.

nwb
Chief of Shaft

MiaFLSurf

I mean.... how is this NOT OBVIOUS...... HotAsh is your favorite?  Really???  After the other guy comes on for touting like an infomercial?

...CMON man.
110 hours a week.  52 weeks a year.

Dave S.

QuoteMiaFLSurf - 5/23/2010  10:25 AM

I mean . . . how is this NOT OBVIOUS . . . HotAsh is your favorite?  Really???  After the other guy comes on for touting like an infomercial?

. . . CMON man.

:word: !!!

Quite a coincidence.
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

akira

QuoteDave S. - 5/23/2010  10:36 AM

QuoteMiaFLSurf - 5/23/2010  10:25 AM

I mean . . . how is this NOT OBVIOUS . . . HotAsh is your favorite?  Really???  After the other guy comes on for touting like an infomercial?

. . . CMON man.

:word: !!!

Quite a coincidence.
:?:
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Jackal

Even more of a coincidence that there are two of these threads which are identical testimonials.

After long consideration about the implication of my actions, my only recourse is to declare shenanigans.

THERE IS NOW A DECLARATION OF SHENANIGANS ON THIS THREAD.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

nwb

QuoteJackal - 5/23/2010  1:54 PM

:lmao:

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Dave S.

QuoteJackal - 5/23/2010  10:54 AM

So what's the standard Cigar Geek response to a declaration of shenanigans?

:confused:

George Armstrong Custer

DocJazzRH

QuoteJackal - 5/23/2010  10:54 AM

Even more of a coincidence that there are two of these threads which are identical testimonials.

After long consideration about the implication of my actions, my only recourse is to declare shenanigans.

YUP... :word:
Rich ()=iii=<

Delusions of grandeur make me feel a lot better about myself .. J. Wagner

At least a bad conscience can make life interesting -- Kierkegaard

Brlesq

SHENANIGANS IT IS!  Break out the cigars! :lmao:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

mcdimond

QuoteDave S. - 5/23/2010  11:48 AM
So what's the standard Cigar Geek response to a declaration of shenanigans?

Typically more shenanigans.

Wait, I know... Larry is actually pretending to be a whole bunch of people, logging in under different names. Okay Larry, we're on to you!
 :lmao:

Just kidding. Welcome to the site Longo. We appreciate good relationships with other members and dislike overly pushy sales efforts. I suspect John invited you, yes? If so, have a drink, join in the conversation, enjoy a cigar or two and get to know the group.

By the way...
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

ljlemer

Quotemcdimond - 5/23/2010  4:45 PM
 Welcome to the site Longo.  I suspect John invited you, yes? If so, have a drink, join in the conversation, enjoy a cigar or two and get to know the group.

If John invited you he's the winner of a point for referring a new member! Way to go, John!

We can't send mixed messages to salesmen, per se. They are welcome. There is a Forum column dedicated to them. We only castrate overly pushy ones.

As for members with multiple handles....how do we catch them?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

There's a plausable explanation. Most of us have accidentally sent out a message twice, even 3 or 4 times. Can't we wait until he really sticks his foot in his mouth before we confiscate his entire inventory of cigars? Beware all members! One misplaced foot and your cigars are ours! Lucky I never say anything weird!

Thomas Mann

gitfiddl

I have two Thompson humidors at arms length from me right now that I got on their $30 sampler deal.  I've given three away as gifts.  I'll smoke a Phoenix, Don Lugo, Old Timer or Black Label any day of the week.  I've still got some AOA's in a humi as well.  I've never had any problems with Thompson at all.  Are their "housebrands" up to the hype in their catalog?  Probably not.  Are they serviceable smokes?  Definitely.  Will I order from them again?  Without a doubt.

As for these "Hot Ash" cigars, it'll will take more than some fat New Jersey chicks you picked up at some Rollerdrome after some Derby game leaning over a riding mower to get my business.  Where I come from, this is a hot ash:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Dave S.

Quoteljlemer - 5/23/2010  2:09 PM

Lucky I never say anything weird!

:shades:

George Armstrong Custer

Brlesq

Quotegitfiddl - 5/23/2010  5:14 PM

As for these "Hot Ash" cigars, it'll will take more than some fat New Jersey chicks you picked up at some Rollerdrome after some Derby game leaning over a riding mower to get my business.  Where I come from, this is a hot ash:

I agree!  Once I saw those pics, I had to go back in the thread because I couldn't remember if it was supposed to be HotAsh girls or BigAsh Girls! :-0  
Funny how you can be branding for one thing, but the "marketing" makes you think of something else completely.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

gitfiddl

Branding is a good word.  I was thinking of heifers when I saw those pics...
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

ljlemer

Quotegitfiddl - 5/23/2010  5:14 PM

I have two Thompson humidors at arms length from me right now that I got on their $30 sampler deal.  I've given three away as gifts.  I'll smoke a Phoenix, Don Lugo, Old Timer or Black Label any day of the week.  I've still got some AOA's in a humi as well.  I've never had any problems with Thompson at all.  Are their "housebrands" up to the hype in their catalog?  Probably not.  Are they serviceable smokes?  Definitely.  Will I order from them again?  Without a doubt.

From the look of your picture, the girl with her back to us is wearing a hidden strap-on because the girl facing us (behind) has her leg up.

Thomas Mann

Cigary

I was gonna say that the girl with her back to us appears as if she might have stroked more wood than a Furniture Polisher.  Seen better looking butts on a cigarette.  Doesn't mean I'd kick em out of bed for eatin crackers though.

gitfiddl

The one with her back towards us was a Miss Florida contestant.  The one with her leg up rode in on a boat from the Bahamas after a photo shoot and, um, video taping :shades:  :shades:  :dancing:  :biggrin:

They still beat the pants of the go-kart gals...

whodeeni

Interesting! :biggrin:
Quotegitfiddl - 5/23/2010  9:47 PM

The one with her back towards us was a Miss Florida contestant.  The one with her leg up rode in on a boat from the Bahamas after a photo shoot and, um, video taping :shades:  :shades:  :dancing:  :biggrin:

They still beat the pants of the go-kart gals...
If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

Bob Cordell

Ha on you guys!

I did bid and win on a box of San Cristobals off Thompson Auctions and held my breath, that was the first transaction I have ever had with them due to the horror stories I have heard but they were fine!

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Longo

I suggest you do as I do.  If I see something I dont like.  I ignore it.  Your spending to much time playing detective.  I am open for cigar referrals.  The reason I am here is mostly for the reviews.   NOt here to point fingers at contributers, "your a liar",  "your a buddy of a liar", he is a spammer.  I mean get a life. :sad:

nwb

QuoteLongo - 5/25/2010  5:17 AM

...I mean get a life. :sad:

That's the way to win us over  :bigthumbs:

nwb
Chief of Shaft

BlackIrish

Quotenwb - 5/23/2010  1:22 PM

You won't find many fans of Thompson on this site.  However, I've won a couple of the lots on their auction site, and I didn't have any problems with the cigars.

nwb

I won some auctions long ago, and the cigars were fine.  The telemarketers sucked.  I don't order from there any more.

Hey Longo:  Welcome to the site.  I appreciate the plug for HotAsh.  I've been doing business with other, very trusted vendors for many years.  With all respect, I'm not going to suddenly place an order with a new shop simply because someone I don't know joins my online community and before ever introducing himself begins to talk up an unknown shop.  

I'm not accusing you of shenanigans or shilling, and I'll accept that you're not associated with HotAsh.  But if I owned HotAsh, I'd be quite concerned about the reputation of my business, because your postings have caused this whole community to question the integrity of my shop.  

Just my thoughts.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.