Sorry but things will be off and on.

Started by 1sgjeffward, 07/28/2019 03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1sgjeffward

To all yes I'm back now and yes I dropped off the planet. We have been down in Buena Vista with my son and his wife. After almost 3 weeks in the hospital My grandson passed away. Sorry to not have gotten these out before we left but I really did think it would only be one of his 1 week stays that have been going on for over a year now. But not this time. I will get these done the cigars had already been picked out and I was just waiting for end date to get them boxed up and sent. They should all go out this week but please have some patience if it's longer. I will only be pretty much off and on for awhile but will come through on this and passes.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Adwinistrator

arrow34

Sorry to hear that, my condolences...

headfirst

Jeff I'm so sorry to hear that.   :sad:

For my part, take your time and deal with what life has dealt, this can wait.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ninfiction

Sorry for your loss Jeff. Family first, everything else second.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

appollo

So sorry for your family's loss Jeff.Familly is always first.

Beegerply

Jeff sorry to hear about the lose of your Grandson, not much can be said. But my are great Lord watch over your kids and there lose and give them strength during this time.
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Vroomp

Truly sad news Jeff......  So sorry for your family's loss :cry:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

StogieDad

So sorry to hear, prayers to you and your family during these painful times.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

quickme

My heart felt condolences Jeff to you and your family

PETE314

I don't know what to say...except that I can't imagine what you are going through.  I am praying for you and your family in this very difficult time.
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

nirab

Lots of love n' healing light to you and your family my friend...
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

wescat

Damn sorry for your loss Jeff. If you can, encourage your son and daughter in law to engage this organization:  https://www.compassionatefriends.org/

I know a lady that lost her son, the local compassionate friends chapter played a big part in her learning to want to live again.

You take damn good care Jeff.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

1sgjeffward

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. Needless to say it has been a very difficult time. As stupid as it sounds cigars have been helping. This dose of not only reality but mortality itself that I have gotten has been rather abrupt and sharp.

I have been digging into the top 2 shelves of my tower and sitting down, relaxing and thinking. Have smoked some good things like my Behike 54 for example and as stupid as it sounds it has been comforting. Smoking all these cigars that I have been saving for some day or special occasion that may never happen has been a kind of therapy. My friends every once and awhile you need to smoke one of those cigars that can't be replaced or that you only have the 1 of. Sit down and enjoy it knowing that you got the chance to smoke it and in a way you're making that day a special occasion.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.