Xikar Warranty

Started by DonM, 09/22/2019 09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonM

Anyone sent a lighter back to them for warranty lately?  Seems the form they used to have for returns is not on their site now and when trying to log on with them access is denied.  I did update my info with them, still no luck

"The Curmudgeon"

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

DonM

Yes and it wouldn't let me log in even after I  updated my info etc  I did get it exchanged at the local B&M, score!  Mike at Roz's Cigar Emporium is awesome.  He did say Xikar`s web site has changed and there are changes coming to retailer warranties as well.  Worth the trip, I got a ride on the Harley, smashed a bunch of love bugs and scored a couple of Entemperance The Whiskey Rebellions so it was worth the trip

"The Curmudgeon"

nirab

Call Quality Importers direct. They own Xikar now. If you still have no luck, shoot me a pm, and I will try n' run it through my QI rep. :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

DonM

Quotenirab - 9/23/2019  7:44 PM

Call Quality Importers direct. They own Xikar now. If you still have no luck, shoot me a pm, and I will try n' run it through my QI rep. :biggrin:

The bad lighter was taken care of by exchange at Roz's Cigar Emporium in Ocala, FL.  They have a very nice selection of boutique cigars, by the way.  They are not your ordinary B&M, so if anyone lives near Ocala, I strongly encourage you to check them out

Xikar, on the other hand, has only sent me a generic email in reference to how to log in to their clunky new web site and how to remedy most lighter problems.  I know my way around a Xikar lighter, this one was bad

I do appreciate you looking out for a brother though Brian!

"The Curmudgeon"

nirab

QuoteDonM - 9/23/2019  7:07 PM

Quotenirab - 9/23/2019  7:44 PM

The bad lighter was taken care of by exchange at Roz's Cigar Emporium in Ocala, FL.  They have a very nice selection of boutique cigars, by the way.  They are not your ordinary B&M, so if anyone lives near Ocala, I strongly encourage you to check them out

Xikar, on the other hand, has only sent me a generic email in reference to how to log in to their clunky new web site and how to remedy most lighter problems.  I know my way around a Xikar lighter, this one was bad

I do appreciate you looking out for a brother though Brian!

You know it my brother!!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cigary

AFter reading this thread I kinda got inquisitive since I own about half dozen Xikar Lighters....I emailed their site to see what has changed in their return policy and warranty.....that was a week or so ago and have heard nothing back.....I even told them my history goes back for a decade and how many lighters I bought from them....you'd think that would get a response but so far .....nada.  If I don't hear back then I will boycott these guys and as I Googled them I read a lot of negative comments....sooooo something is wrong here with Xikar obviously.  To let these guys use Vendors to straighten out their mess is again....not how to honor their Warranty.....plus in some cases where consumers sent back their defective lighters    Xikar charged them shipping and in some cases was the same price as the lighter....WTF!!!

arrow34

Wow. I have only dealt with them on thier cutters. They replaced my xi rosewood cutter, when both of the handles broke off over time.  Recently I contacted them and they sent me two new sheaths for the xi and xo cutter.  But it did take a few weeks.

DonM

I heard back from my inquiry yesterday.  It directed me to go to the same site Bruce linked, of which I couldn't get into, to do an RMA.  Apparently, you have to set up two accounts, one for the main page then one for an RMA.  I did both, but still couldn't get into it to do a return.  In all, my B&M took care of me so I am fine for now until something else breaks :lmao:

"The Curmudgeon"

calvarez

I recently sent a couple lighters in (one in August, one in September.  I just re-used the same PDF I've used in the past to send stuff back.  I've bought a lot of Xikar Enigma lighters and other kit.  The Enigmas seems to go bad every three years or thereabouts, so I've sent back a few of them.  They are now replacing them with other models.  I guess because they were always breaking.  But I loved the shape and everything about them, so I'm going to miss them.

I didn't have any issues sending them in with the old form.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

calvarez

I have the same issue with Enigmas, which is probably why they stopped making them.  It's always been my favorite lighter for a list of reasons.  For the last couple years I've been buying them on eBay when they show up for a good price.  I had two replaced at the end of last year, using the old form which I save pre-filled on my computer.  No issues, but I got back different lighters each time.  Which I sold, to buy more Enigmas when I can.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.