Not safe to visit tobacco farms in Ecuador

Started by amigodecigars, 10/14/2019 12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

President Moreno and leaders of the country's indigenous peoples have struck a deal to cancel an austerity package that led to violent protests. Seven people were killed after the cost-cutting measures sparked outrage.  I was just told that my friend cannot visit his tobacco farms (mainly wrapper) in Ecuador because of the civil unrest. 

Puro Sabor is back on. After canceling 2019's Nicaraguan Cigar Festival due to political unrest, the Nicaraguan Chamber of Tobacco (CNT) has announced that the 2020 Puro Sabor will be held from January 21 to 25 in Estelí, Nicaragua.  Anyone planning to attend 'Puro Sabor'?

Nicaragua’s turmoil started in April last year, when the Ortega Administration announced sweeping changes to the country’s social security system, angering the public and inspiring massive protests across the country.

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Cigary

Not sure I'd risk my money or time to visit any areas from S. America to Mexico... unstable at best. .... maybe in the future????

amigodecigars

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.