What are your top 5 cigars of this year?

Started by arrow34, 12/11/2019 08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrow34

Hi All,

I am just wondering what your top 5 cigars are for 2019?  As usual CA has their top 25 coming out and I dont always agree with their top 25.  But there are a few on the list that I can say... yeah I can see that.  They dont have to be new released cigars, maybe you discovered some new favs from previously released sticks????  I did!  2019 was a banner year for cigars for me.

I will kick it off...  

1. Dunbarton/Steve Saka Sin Compromiso
2. The Wise Man Maduro Toro
3. Mi Querida Fino Largo
4. Dias De Gloria by AJShort Churchill
5. H.Upmann by AJ Fernandez
6. Honorable Mention - Flores Y Rodriguez Connecticut Valley Reserve Maduro Toro

headfirst

Here's my top 5 that I tried for the first time this year in no particular order:

Ashton Symmetry
L'Atelier Surrogates Tramp Stamp
AVO Signature
Drew Estate Herrera Esteli Norteno Belicoso Fino
Flatbed Panacea White 5x60
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ninfiction

I don't think I tried as many "new" cigars this year as normal. I'd have to go through my list, off the top of my head:

My top "new" is the Crowned Heads Buckeye Land

I also really enjoyed the Asylum Medulla/Oblongata.

I agree with your choices of Mi Querida and Sin Compromiso, but really good.

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

I wont number them, so in no particular order

Crowned Heads Buckeye Land
AJF Dias De Gloria Short Churchill
My Father La Opulencia
Aganorsa Leaf Signature Selection Maduro
BLK WKS S&R Corona Gorda

Honorable mention: Leaf by James, Crowned Heads Sanctuary,
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

Hmmmm, I haven't tried too much of the 2019 releases, but I know 5 that I remember very fondly in no order were:

Padron Black TAA
Crowned Heads Le Careme LE Belicoso
Crowned Heads Las Calaveras
Tatuaje Negociant
LFD Andalusian Bull

I discovered I am a big fan of HVC and Aladino this year as well so I don't know that any made my top 5, but all are really good smokes.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

tuck0411

Looking back through my reviews, the top five scoring sticks were:
- Rocky Patel Hamlet Paredes Tabaquero Salomon (96)
- Oliva/ Studio Tabac Master Blends III Robusto (94)
- Oliva/ Studio Tabac Monticello Limited Edition (94)
- Oliva/ Studio Tabac Serie V Melanio Robusto Maduro (94)
- Ave Maria (Core line) Lionheart (94)

Of the above, the one that stands out in my memory as being the tastiest was the Oliva Monticello.  

Don't think I've smoked anything yet that came out this year...
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

sweatsock

I buy cigars on the way down; not new releases.  The only new to me cigar that I enjoyed a lot is the Room 101 Master Collection 3 Papi Chulo.

tuck0411

Quotesweatsock - 12/11/2019  4:32 PM

I buy cigars on the way down; not new releases.  The only new to me cigar that I enjoyed a lot is the Room 101 Master Collection 3 Papi Chulo.

It's in the DB, but no pic or review yet, hint, hint...
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

nirab

as of today, my favs of the year, in no particular order...

Plasencia Alma Del Fuego Flama
Aladino Connecticut Toro
Aladino Rare Corojo Corona
Foundation Highclere Castle Maduro Toro
Dissident Home LE 2019

I reserve the right to change my mind tomorrow! :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

arrow34

Nice selections... I think that I am moving more towards what others have said, picking up new releases a few years on when they are cheaper :)  I pick up a stick or two here or there.  But pickup boxes or 10 packs when they hit bargain pricing.

arrow34

Interesting #1 on the top 25 cigar list from CA.  

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25/2019

Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua Maestro....  Havent had, but want to try.  Grabbed a ten back from CP... $7 a stick... a bit more than I wanted to spend on them, but hey...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.