Best Christmas Movie?

Started by StogieDad, 12/12/2019 08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best Christmas Movie?

Christmas Vacation
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 25

StogieDad

What's your favorite?  I can't go Christmas without seeing Christmas Vacation myself, just wondering everyone else's must have.  Add as necessary.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

arrow34

I added the Holiday.. dont judge me.  My wife and I have a tradition of watching it....

StogieDad

Quotearrow34 - 12/12/2019  10:06 AM

I added the Holiday.. dont judge me.  My wife and I have a tradition of watching it....

:lmao: Hey whatever jingles your bells....
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

arrow34

QuoteStogieDad - 12/12/2019  10:15 AM

Quotearrow34 - 12/12/2019  10:06 AM

:lmao: Hey whatever jingles your bells....

Hey... there is a lot of truth to the saying... happy wife, happy life.(plus she doesnt bug me about my cigar purchases... just when i smoke too much)

headfirst

So many good ones, but I had to add Jim Carrey being the grinch, love that one.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

junglepete

I always liked the Waltons Christmas movie, better known as The Homecoming, the movie that spawned the popular series. (All the kids are the same but very young)

That said, I never miss Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, and any version of Scrooge.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

BewareDaPenguin

How did Rambo not make the list??! That's my favorite Xmas movie I started the tradition a while ago at my house, g/f hates it but if you watch it in 4K it actually looks amazing, they did a great job shooting that movie, most people don't consider it a Christmas movie, but he came home after the war and it was xmas in the 1st scene and everyone after, so all you men out there start a new tradition at your house and watch RAMBO!! :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

arrow34

Darn it, since I already voted, I cant add Die Hard!!!!!

StogieDad

Quotearrow34 - 12/12/2019  1:32 PM

Oh, I knew Die Hard was coming.....thought I would leave it for someone else.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

arrow34

QuoteStogieDad - 12/12/2019  1:39 PM

Quotearrow34 - 12/12/2019  1:32 PM

Oh, I knew Die Hard was coming.....thought I would leave it for someone else.

The Rambo vote triggered it....

bstessl

I love how "A Christmas Story" made the cut before "A Christmas Carol"  Also, Gremlins is another Christmas movie that's not on the list... lol
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Deener27

Quotebstessl - 12/12/2019  11:52 PM

I love how "A Christmas Story" made the cut before "A Christmas Carol"  Also, Gremlins is another Christmas movie that's not on the list... lol

Did you hear about this guy
who swallowed a yo-yo?
- Swallowed a yo-yo?
- On a bet.
Some clodhopper down in Griffith, Indiana.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

StogieDad

Quotebstessl - 12/13/2019  12:52 AM

:biggrin: I was just getting it started.  The top three happen to be my top 3 but I figured everyone would stretch it out.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Brlesq

QuoteDeener27 - 12/13/2019  5:47 AM

Quotebstessl - 12/12/2019  11:52 PM

Did you hear about this guy
who swallowed a yo-yo?
- Swallowed a yo-yo?
- On a bet.
Some clodhopper down in Griffith, Indiana.

Wait a minute . . . do we know a clodhopper down in Griffith, Indiana?   :?:

:lmao:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

StogieDad

I always watch Jingle All the Way (Arnold and Danny DeVito), Deck the Halls and Christmas with the Kranks each year as well.  All so bad that they are great!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

PETE314

Quotearrow34 - 12/12/2019  1:06 PM  I added the Holiday.. dont judge me.  My wife and I have a tradition of watching it....

LMAO   No judgement here...I actually like the movie...for what it is.   It is a heck of a lot better than the millions of "Lifetime" Christmas movies that come out every year...LOL

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

PETE314

I have far too many to add ...LOL  

Holiday Inn  (Bing Crosby & Fred Astaire)
White Christmas (Bing Crosby, Danny Kay, Rosemary Clooney)
A Christmas Carol (George C Scott)
It's A Wonderful Life (Jimmy Stewart, Donna Reed) - Oh this one was already added
Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas (Jim Henson) - For my wife....LOL
Charlie Brown Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the Original)
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Kman

It's not Christmas without It's a Wonderful Life. There are some great selections here, but only one can be #1 for me.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

nitelite18

I wonder why Arnold Schwarzenegger's Jingle All The Way is not included?
I would still choose Die Hard because it fun to see Alan Rickman in that movie.
Going to borla exhaust this year since I've heard great things about this.

BewareDaPenguin

Well Col Troutman had to bring in John J before he blew up the entire Christmas wonderland last night :biggrin: the girlfriend suffered through it just like I will have to suffer through some lifetime bull$hit Im sure, at least I kept my tradition going :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.