CI now requires an ID for CA buyers

Started by sweatsock, 02/17/2020 02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatsock

Cigars International works tirelessly to provide you with the best possible cigar shopping experience. As you may be aware, your state's law regarding purchase and delivery of tobacco recently changed. Purchasers of tobacco products must be 21 years old or older, and the delivery of sales to any address requires signature upon delivery by someone 21 years old or older (Section 22963 of the Business and Professions Code). Our records indicate that we need to obtain a copy of your government issued ID so that your next purchase and all future purchases can process without delay. Don't worry, this will be easy...

You can provide this updated information by updating your account online:
1) Go to cigarsinternational.com
2) Login to your account.
3) From your account dashboard, in the Age Verification section, click on the link Verification Required
4) Follow the prompts to complete the Age Verification process, and upload your ID. This and other key steps are highlighted below:

Brlesq

You gotta love living in California!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

QuoteBrlesq - 2/17/2020  4:53 PM

You gotta love living in California!

This is coming to every state in the country...

I have to verify age with every Flatbed order for the shop...every. single. order.
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

sweatsock

I went  to their site to age verify and it showed that I already was. I never age verified there. I quit buying from cigar page when they asked for an ssn to age verify. The y later changed the policy. I've bought from CI for over 9 years so maybe existing customers are grandfathered at some level.

arrow34

Quotesweatsock - 2/17/2020  6:27 PM

I went  to their site to age verify and it showed that I already was. I never age verified there. I quit buying from cigar page when they asked for an ssn to age verify. The y later changed the policy. I've bought from CI for over 9 years so maybe existing customers are grandfathered at some level.

Well over 9 years....if you started at 10 years old, they figured that you were legal by now :)

bstessl

Quotearrow34 - 2/19/2020  8:43 AM  
Quotesweatsock - 2/17/2020  6:27 PM  I went  to their site to age verify and it showed that I already was. I never age verified there. I quit buying from cigar page when they asked for an ssn to age verify. The y later changed the policy. I've bought from CI for over 9 years so maybe existing customers are grandfathered at some level.
Well over 9 years....if you started at 10 years old, they figured that you were legal by now :)

Not anymore.  The age is 21 now.

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.