Famous Lucky 13 sale

Started by sweatsock, 03/13/2020 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatsock

https://www.famous-smoke.com/promo/031320?results_per_page=60&sort=percent_off_desc

A bunch of $13 five packs and Famous has a secondary discount most of the time.

Kid Montana

What is the other famous coupon code?  Will the 17% off work with this deal?

I'd rather have a cigar...

tuck0411

They've got five packs of Crux Nymphamaniacs in that list.  Those seem to be popular here but the darks seem to have better reviews.  Lots of lighters, too.  Anyone see one they'd recommend?  My old Rockwell quad torch is still getting the job done, but I should probably upgrade at some point.  :smoker2:
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

benchjockey

Quotetuck0411 - 3/15/2020  11:19 PM  They've got five packs of Crux Nymphamaniacs in that list.  Those seem to be popular here but the darks seem to have better reviews.  Lots of lighters, too.  Anyone see one they'd recommend?  My old Rockwell quad torch is still getting the job done, but I should probably upgrade at some point.  :smoker2:

The Palio Triple Torch pictured there looks like the one I have. I’ve had it for some months and it works fine. I have no reason not to recommend it. 

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

tuck0411

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.
Todd

benchjockey

It always lights, the flame is easily adjustable and Palio is a solid brand.

tuck0411

How's the fuel capacity and ease of refilling?
Todd

benchjockey

It refills quickly and easily. I alternate lighters so fuel capacity is hard for me to judge. It lasts at least as long as my Bugatti and Jet Line.

tuck0411

Quotebenchjockey - 3/16/2020  6:55 PM

It refills quickly and easily. I alternate lighters so fuel capacity is hard for me to judge. It lasts at least as long as my Bugatti and Jet Line.

Thanks for the tip, just ordered one along with a Firebird table lighter and a Crux five-pack.  And some butane....  :smoker2:
Todd

benchjockey

I think you will like it.

The Burn Ward

Ordered a 5er of cao Brazilia $13

benchjockey

Quotetuck0411 - 3/17/2020  1:43 AM  
Quotebenchjockey - 3/16/2020  6:55 PM  It refills quickly and easily. I alternate lighters so fuel capacity is hard for me to judge. It lasts at least as long as my Bugatti and Jet Line.
Thanks for the tip, just ordered one along with a Firebird table lighter and a Crux five-pack.  And some butane....  :smoker2:

Please let me know how you like the Firebird table lighter. I’ve been eyeing a table lighter for some time. Thanks.

tuck0411

Quotebenchjockey - 3/21/2020  5:22 AM

Quotebenchjockey - 3/16/2020  6:55 PM  It refills quickly and easily. I alternate lighters so fuel capacity is hard for me to judge. It lasts at least as long as my Bugatti and Jet Line.

Please let me know how you like the Firebird table lighter. I've been eyeing a table lighter for some time. Thanks.

Will do.  I've been wanting one for awhile, too, so hopefully this one is of decent quality.
Todd

tuck0411

Quotebenchjockey - 3/21/2020  5:22 AM

Please let me know how you like the Firebird table lighter. I've been eyeing a table lighter for some time. Thanks.

You don't want this one.  The fuel tank is no bigger than your average pocket lighter.   It has a small base and is top heavy, so will be prone to falling over.  And it flames out within a second or two with the throttle wide open.  I have to turn it down to about half open to get the flame to stay lit.  And it's a single jet.  Guess I need to do more research before buying another one.  Requirements would be a large tank, quad or tri-jet, fat base so it's stable when sitting on your table, and reliable functioning.  This one fails every category...   :cigarman:
Todd

benchjockey

Thanks for the info. I agree with you on the requirements. Sorry to hear that this one fell short.

tuck0411

Quotebenchjockey - 3/15/2020  8:55 PM

Quotetuck0411 - 3/15/2020  11:19 PM  They've got five packs of Crux Nymphamaniacs in that list.  Those seem to be popular here but the darks seem to have better reviews.  Lots of lighters, too.  Anyone see one they'd recommend?  My old Rockwell quad torch is still getting the job done, but I should probably upgrade at some point.  :smoker2:

The Palio Triple Torch pictured there looks like the one I have. I've had it for some months and it works fine. I have no reason not to recommend it. 

That Palio is a nice lighter, so thanks for the recommendation.  Large tank, probably larger than the Firebird "table" lighter, and it lights every time unlike this cheap Rockwell I've been using.  Only thing it doesn't have is a window in the side to keep track of fuel level.  But I can live with that...   :smoker2:
Todd

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.