2020 Industry Sponsored Geek Critiques

Started by Brlesq, 03/21/2020 06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

A few members have mentioned that they would like to see Industry Sponsored Geek Critiques more often like we used to host here. For those of you that are unfamiliar with these, an Industry Sponsored Geek Critique is when a cigar manufacturer, retailer or other industry professional donates 5 identical cigars to be reviewed. This arrangement is either set up by a member who makes initial contact with an industry professional, or by an industry professional who makes direct contact with us here.

A CG Administrator hosts a coordinating thread, and its managed almost identically to the way we run the Member Sponsored Geek Critiques. An understanding should be reached on whether the industry professional will mail out the cigars directly to the chosen reviewers (with addresses provided by the CG member), or if industry professional supplies the 5 cigars and a Cigar Geeks member ships them to his/her chosen reviewers.  

Before approaching someone in the industry, please read the following message from Senor Pablo:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=28249.0

Please feel free to PM me with any questions. Bstessl (Brian) has already secured one for June (more on this in a separate post at a later date), so we are off to a good start!

May -  Privada Cigar Club (with assistance from tuck0411)
June - Jas Sum Kral (with assistance from bstessl)
July -
August –
September - 2020 Camacho Liberty from egars.com (wescat)
October -
November -
December -

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

I may be able to fill a few spots. When life begins its trajectory back to some sense of normalcy... :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

BewareDaPenguin

This would be great, id love to see this brought back as well if it can happen that would be great :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

DRuff

I spoke to Miguel at Crowned Heads, he said their HQ in Nashville is closed for the next 2 weeks but when things open back up he'd be glad to do it.

Brlesq

Awesome work guys!  Thank you!

We've got one slated already, one about to be slated, and 3 or 4 in the wings (depending on the COVID-19 situation).
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

appollo

Well done I will follow this closely :dancing:

tuck0411

Invites for the May slot have been sent to five Geeks.  If I don't hear back from one or more of you by Thursday when I get home from work, alternates will be chosen and contacted.  Time is short to get the ball rolling for May, so check your PMs if you're reading this...  :smoker2:
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

Brlesq

Quotetuck0411 - 3/24/2020  9:48 PM

Invites for the May slot have been sent to five Geeks.  If I don't hear back from one or more of you by Thursday when I get home from work, alternates will be chosen and contacted.  Time is short to get the ball rolling for May, so check your PMs if you're reading this...  :smoker2:

Thanks for pulling this together so quickly! So as you all now know, we have the May slot committed, and as soon as we have the reviewers lined up, I will post a thread on this one similar to the Member Sponsored Geek Critiques.

June is also committed at this point. If anyone else is lining up an Industry Sponsored Critique, please check with me first [/b]before committing to a month since we have 3 more that have shown interest. We don't want to promise a month to someone and then disappoint them with a delay. Thanks!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

bstessl

Remember, when approaching a vendor... don't be a douche!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Brlesq

Quotebstessl - 3/24/2020  10:28 PM

Remember, when approaching a vendor... don't be a douche!

That's very important. Please read this first before approaching a vendor:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=28249.0
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

arrow34

Great work guys!  Awesome to see that vendors are still willing to participate.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.