"A fine cigar is the essence of life. The tobacco plant comes from the earth, from which we ourselves were created. Like ourselves, each leaf grows and is nurtured individually, acquiring its own characteristics, and is then graded, sorted, and matured according to their special abilities. As tobacco comes to its graduation in the making of cigars, as with the making of adults, some is left on the cutting room table and become ordinary, run-of-the-mill products. Some graduate into leadership and areas of responsibility, but a few achieve greatness, and even a touch of immortality." -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Main Menu

2020 Ride for Roswell Donation Solicitation

Started by Adwinistrator, 06/26/2020 09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adwinistrator

Hello fellow Geeks!

2020 will be my 4th year fundraising and riding for the Ride for Roswell, an annual bicycling fundraiser hosted in Buffalo, NY.  It all started with 10 mile rides, then 30 last year, and I decided to go crazy and attempt a 65 miles ride this year. :biggrin:

Inspired by the wonderful work of Emerson with the Toys for Tots Auction, I would like to run an auction for this incredibly important cause.

I'm asking you wonderful POTL to donate by turning your extra cigars, lighters, cutters, ash trays, hats, cigar books, and swag into a donation to this incredible organization.  I will then be running a big auction in July so everyone here can snag some goodies that catch their eye, and we can come together for a great cause!

I will also be following Emerson's model by having anyone who would like to donate PM me, and we will coordinate on info/pictures, and I'll have you keep the donation until the auction is complete, so we can all save a few $ on shipping.

QuoteThe funds raised from the Ride for Roswell go directly to the Roswell Park Alliance Foundation, the 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that manages all donations to Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center. This support funds cutting-edge cancer research and patient care programs at Roswell Park.

I'll try my best to run this smoothly!  Let me know if you have any tips, thoughts, or recommendations on how we should proceed.

Thank you,
Ryan

nirab

I am interested in donated. Your post says June?...typo perhaps? PM me more details, and let's see what The Cigar Vault can do! :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Adwinistrator

Quotenirab - 7/1/2020  1:49 PM

I am interested in donated. Your post says June?...typo perhaps? PM me more details, and let's see what The Cigar Vault can do! :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

Good catch, yes, looking to do this in July.

Appreciate the support, Brian!

Cfickter

Hummmmm. Let me see what can be pulled together
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Adwinistrator

Bump!  Gonna get the ball rolling on this soon.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.