Jerk bidders at C-Bid

Started by FNA, 02/05/2008 10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FNA

Happened to me again tonight.

I "auto-bid" $1-3 on some 1 item available cheap coronas at C-Bid.  

Near the end of the period, some jerk bids me up to $3.  

Now, when you know you can't get the item for $3, because every auto-bid of $1 has to include a one increment step which means the first bidder has already put up a $3, why would you bid $3?

If somebody wanted the cigars, they know they have to bid $5.  The only reason to bid $3 on an item with a $3 bid in waiting is to make me (or any other customer) have to pay more.  

What is that, some perverse kind of fun or some other word that begins with f-u?

ljlemer

QuoteFNA - 2/5/2008  11:51 PM

Happened to me again tonight.

I "auto-bid" $1-3 on some 1 item available cheap coronas at C-Bid.  

Near the end of the period, some jerk bids me up to $3.  

Now, when you know you can't get the item for $3, because every auto-bid of $1 has to include a one increment step which means the first bidder has already put up a $3, why would you bid $3?

If somebody wanted the cigars, they know they have to bid $5.  The only reason to bid $3 on an item with a $3 bid in waiting is to make me (or any other customer) have to pay more.  

What is that, some perverse kind of fun or some other word that begins with f-u?

I confess to having done that. I was sort of waffling on whether to buy something then changed my mind. I haven't bid for months, though, so it wasn't me this time.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.