One bad side to "aging" cigars

Started by gitfiddl, 07/03/2020 04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

Since I started paying attention again to what I was smoking a month or three ago and frequently grabbing a older sticks out of my humidor(s), I've run across several cigars that I would like to have a few more of.  A lot of my stash dates back 5-10 years.  The majority were purchased in fivers and samplers, or came from passes or bombs.  Anyway, I've smoked a few recently that, when I've gone to look for  the interweb, seem to have gone the way of the dodo, today's Caldwell Iberian Express Reserva Sevillana Robusto as an example.  A few sites still list it, but all are out of stock.  It's not like we're talking AF Sharks. after all.

And don't even get me started on blend/blender changes.   I'm still not over the whole 5 Vegas Miami fracas of six or seven years ago...

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

DonM

Well maybe you need to fire up some of those well aged sticks a and enjoy them!  The 4 th holiday would be a good day to start..  Enjoy brother

"The Curmudgeon"

junglepete

I get that Dave. It happened more to medium  in the past when I kept a 5000+ inventory. Or sometimes I would just get bored with some particular brand and sell them off but keep a few tucked away and then discover them years later and light it up to find how awesome it was and kick myself in the ass for selling them. The original Camacho Corojo comes to mind. And yes the original 5 Vegas Miami was damn good.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.