2020 Toys for Tots Donation Solicitation

Started by McBryde, 11/02/2020 02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBryde

The Proceeds From This Sale
Will Be Donated To
The Marine Toys for Tots Foundation

About Toys for Tots: 

From the organization's web site: "The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens." 

You get cigars and kids get toys! All proceeds will be sent to SeñorPablo for a donation to Toys for Tots on behalf of the Cigar Geeks community.

Hello Friends,

it is that time of year again!!!

I know that this has been a different year for everyone, and it has been an even crappier year for kids in need, with nobody to help! We can help them out with our annual Toys For Tots Auction! Last year we raised $1,188 for the kiddos. Can we beat that this year? We will see!!

The first part of the equation is YOU, the BOTLs and SOTLs that donate to the Toys for Tots Auction that we have each year. Sooooooo, I am needing donations for the auction. Yes, I hate doing this part of the deal, but it is what makes it possible for us to raise money for the kids. The donations can be anything from cigars, to t-shirts, lighters, cutters, ash trays, hats, cigar books, clothing, swag, etc. etc. etc.. Everyone has a box of random unused cigar smoking stuff don't they? Put it to use for the kids! Hit up your local B&M for a donation. It however should probably be geared towards cigar smokers, pipe smokers, or liquor drinkers, as the auction will be held for people here on the Cigar Geeks website. Some of the new people may not have been around for the previous auctions, so you can see last years auction on goings and outcome here:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=53563.0

The difference between some of the previous auctions and this one, is that you will keep your donation, instead of mailing it to me, and then I will combine donations, and set up "kits" to be auctioned off. Once the auction has been completed, and paid for by the winner, I will let the donator know to ship out their package to the person that won the auction kit that contained their package. This is my third year running this, so I am sure that I will still screw something up along the way! We will make this a great donation for Toys for Tots as we always do!!! What do you have to donate for the kids?

Please do not post your donations here. You can email me at duckslayer1021@yahoo.com with your donation or donation ideas, or PM me here. I'll get pictures from you of what you want to donate and I will combine them into kits for the auction. Hopefully we can take donations for a few weeks this year, and my plan is to get the auction started and completed so everyone can get their auction winnings by Christmas, yes, that is coming up too soon! Let's make it a great auction this year and a HUGE donation to Toys for Tots!

Also, if you want to make a cash donation to Toys for Tots again this year, that will be fine, just send me a message. A donation of $20 cash or more, a kit donation for the auction for TFT, or a winning bid, earns you a Toys for Tots badge.

Let's try to get all of the auction donation ideas to me by November 23rd. That is 3 weeks away. I can get them all put together, and get the auction started by Dec 1 that a way, and hopefully we can get all the kits out to people by Christmas!

Thank you all for everything you do for the kids each year, you are a great and caring group of people to call friends!

Emerson
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

BewareDaPenguin

I will put something together to donate again this year, thanks for running!! :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

klamm143

Thanks Emerson for running this again.......you know I'll be involved in the bidding / donation.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Cfickter

thanks E, let me see what can be pulled together
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

McBryde

Thanks guys, you can email me at duckslayer1021@yahoo.com, or send me a message here, but pictures will have to be sent to my email.

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

klamm143

OK - BIG E  - we all know how hard it is to get up with you since there is a "electronic dead zone" in those duck blinds.......
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

McBryde

Quoteklamm143 - 11/7/2020  6:59 PM

OK - BIG E  - we all know how hard it is to get up with you since there is a "electronic dead zone" in those duck blinds.......

That's how I socially distance!  :lmao:  :lmao:

E

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nirab

I would like to donate a "nirab mystery package". Same as last year. You don't know what you are bidding on, but, I promise that whoever wins will not be disappointed.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

McBryde

It looks like at this time, we have two packages so far! This post has been up for 8 days now. It is going to be pretty slim pickins' at the auction this year if we don't get some donations!!

Emerson

McBryde

Thanks Brad and Brian for stepping up so far. Chuck, I'll send you a message.

E

McBryde

I'm going to run this another week or so, and then get packages set up for the auction.

Thanks,

E

McBryde

1 more week. If you have not gotten pictures to me, please do so!

Emerson

McBryde

4 more days on this. If you have any desire to donate, please get in touch with me!!!

Emerson

McBryde

OK, if you are interested in making a donation for this years TFT, and do not see your name on the following list, please PM me so we can get something worked out.

These are the people that I have donations worked out with at the present time:

Vroomp
Nirab
BewareDaPenguin
Cfickter "mostly"

If you have sent me something, picture wise or message wise, other than these guys, I haven't received it. We would gladly like to have your donation for the Toys for Tots auction this year if you are willing to donate. I am trying to get everything thrown together and posted up tomorrow or the next day so everyone can get their cigars by Christmas time if possible.

Thanks for all y'all do for the kiddos,

Emerson

McBryde

This does not just have to be a cigars donation, in the past, we have had SWAG, alcohol, random ash trays people had laying around, Cigar Box Ukuleles, etc. Don't hesitate to throw the idea out there if you are willing to ship it, and think someone on here might be willing to bid on it! All the proceeds go to the Toys for Tots organization!!

E

DRuff

McBryde

Vroomp
Nirab
BewareDaPenguin
DRuff
bstessl "mostly"
Cfickter "mostly"

nickthafish

QuoteMcBryde - 12/1/2020  6:45 PM  These are the people that I have donations worked out with at the present time:  Vroomp Nirab BewareDaPenguin DRuff bstessl "mostly" Cfickter "mostly"

Put me down, I'll get with you on the package for bid shortly.

McBryde

Quotenickthafish - 12/1/2020  10:15 PM

QuoteMcBryde - 12/1/2020  6:45 PM  These are the people that I have donations worked out with at the present time:  Vroomp Nirab BewareDaPenguin DRuff bstessl "mostly" Cfickter "mostly"

Put me down, I'll get with you on the package for bid shortly.

Gotcha Nick! Thanks!!

E

McBryde

Vroomp
Nirab
BewareDaPenguin
DRuff
bstessl "mostly"
Cfickter
nickthafish "mostly"

E

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.